sun1914

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
I would like to take the time to thank a few people who made this build possible.
Trinimadness for assisting me with RO water.
Kingator for blessing me with an RO unit so I no longer have to buy or bother Trini. LOL
And Zuska for the live sand and Yababo for having enough trust in me to give me the items I trade my Biocube with him for and taking me at nothing more than my word that I would keep my end of the trade in his absence.

Thank you gentlemen I truly appreciate each and everyone of you.

Now here's a couple of pics of my build so far.

Tank: DB 75G Rimless

Equipment: 2 JVC 800gph PH's, Mag 7 return, E.T.S.S. Sump, 1 TLF Phosban Reactor, 1 Kessil A150w Sky Blue (2nd is on its way)

Corals: Green Hammer, Purple Hammer, Green Bubble, Green and Gold tipped Torch, 4 Head Duncan, 2 Head Green Frogspawn, Zoas, Polyps, Softies (Silver Xenia, Pulsing Xenia, Anthelia, Kenya Tree), GSP, Purple Sponge, Red Mushroom, Monti (Red, Green, Orange), Birdsnet (not sure of names), Chalice (not sure of the name)

Fish: 2 True Per Clowns, 1 Six Line Wrasse

Clean Up Crew: 3 Emerald Crabs, 8 Naz Snails, 4 Turbo Snails, 1 Cleaner Shrimp, 2 Peppermint Shrimps, Bristle Starfish.

uploadfromtaptalk1396638641845.jpguploadfromtaptalk1396638665652.jpg

Last edited:

sun1914

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
You upgraded and did the transfer one shot? Or did you let tank cycle first?

I added 20 gallons of new RO mixed salt water and some live rock for about a week. Then added some more live rock and live sand and let that sit for a few day, maybe a week. Lastly, I added the 20-25 gallons of water from my Biocube. Checked levels and transferred.

As of yesterday morning my levels are:
pH : 8.3
Ammonia: .25 (not sure why...think it was a misread on my behalf)
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 0
Cal: 440
Phos: .25 (still running phosban pellets, plan on switching to GFO soon)
That's all I test for and have kit to test, so don't know the rest.

Everything is doing fine, haven't lost anything besides an emerald crab. Corals look fine, have kept color and fish are eating and swimming around just as good if not better than in the Biocube.

sun1914

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Few more pics of plumbing and sump set up. Nothing fancy. Plan on installing manifold, have all the material just held off since I'm only running 1 TLF reactor right now.

Sump is an ETSS Sump I picked up from Max Reef for pennies thanks Ralph. It's been drilled at the bottom for two 1" bulkheads on the left but I'm only using one and another on the right for the return. It also has one on the top left side which is plugged since I have no use for it. Besides that a small refugium chamber in the middle, holding some cheato and dragons breath, light is a JBJ nano led. TLF phosban 150 w/ MJ 1200 Pump running bio pellets and a Aqueon 100w heater. Also have 2 bags of Chemipure Elite and a bag of Purigen in the last chamber along with the MJ 1200 which is then returning back into the 2nd chamber (refugium) and back through media then out to DT.
Return pump is the noisy Mag 7 running externally.
Few ball valve in the plumbing, 1 after the drain bulk head leading into the sum, another before the return pump and the last one after the return pump.

Ps. That's my McDonald's Singing Fillet-a-fish mounted on my door.

uploadfromtaptalk1396881673762.jpguploadfromtaptalk1396881692778.jpguploadfromtaptalk1396881705718.jpguploadfromtaptalk1396881719748.jpguploadfromtaptalk1396881733753.jpg

Last edited:

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
looking good my friend now its time for the goodies u already know i have u covered on few key pieces and keep up the good work ur beast will bee looking sweet in no time

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: