StillBronx

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Reefers,
New guy to the hobby, this is my first tank salt or other. Added and mixed water 2 months ago today. I let the water cycle for about 5 weeks before I added any livestock. I got a clean up crew made up of various snails, crabs, shrimp and stars. Since I have added about 12 small fish (few clowns, chromis, and cardinals as well as 2 sand sifting gobies and a flame angel), and 2 days ago I added a couple of coral frags just to see how they do.
My Setup:
200 gallon Marineland deep dimension (staphire glass and corner overflows) MD
40 gallon (approx) 3 sectioned custom acrylic sump
Ecotech Radion G3 pro x4
Ecotech votrech MP60w
Ecotech vortech MP40w
Ecotech reef link (not yet hooked up)
Neptune Apex aquacontroler (gold package-also not hooked up yet)& WMX module
Eshopps S-300 protein skimmer
2 phosban reactors (not yet installed)
complete RODI setup
2 Marineland heaters (1 placed in each overflow)

--will edit if i remember anything else--

Plans:
To add an additional MP40
Possibly add calcium reactor(when needed)

More livestock- Just giving my current stuff time to get used to the tank, being patient. But I do have my eye on a couple of types of wrasses and maybe a tang.

Coral- Long term interest is in SPS, but as I am a rookie I want to ease in with some easier to care for LPS. I added a Zoa frag the other day and going to keep an eye on it to see how things go.

And really just plan to learn as I go, I'm here to listen to any advice given and grow as a reefer.

Pics:
2eummmw.jpg

n5j5i0.jpg

t6xlq8.jpg

9s3q7m.jpg

33e0yhk.jpg

2l9k591.jpg

ei4cg7.jpg

lost a chromis, this was the frenzy for his body:
20f55bl.jpg

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
Cmantis don't be mad the renegades been cooking since day one and we still cooking a lot reefer out there u luck u r renegade card still active lol and anytime I see a set up go up in the Bronx is thumbs up from me and the renegades

StillBronx

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the feedback guys. I did my research here and had help from the guys at Maximum in Yonkers.Not sure why the pictures are all different sizes. Dubs, I'm waaaaay up in westchester now, but I will let you know if I'm gonna be in the X. Thinking about going to this frag swap.

StillBronx

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got some equipment, a maxi jet 1200 to get some flow in my sump. Magdrive to hook up the rectors I have sitting (1 carbon, 1 gfo). So I think Im gonna look into hooking those up this weekend.

I also added my first few coral frags, a small torch, red montipora, a meteor shower cyphastrea, and a small zoo frag, Just wanna see how they do.

I also got a pair of Carpenter Flasher Wrasse. They arrived extremely stressed out. This is my first time dealing with a stressed fish. I had them in an acclimation box for a couple days monitoring them. They were eating, but barely. Jim suggested I try soaking their food in garlic extract. I did this, and I don't know WHAT this does to fish but an hour later the male literally sprung to life. He was literally jumping from the acclimation box over and over (i had a net over the top). I took this as a sign he was ready to go (though I'm not sure). I released them both. They swam a bit but went into hiding. So I guess now I just hope for the best, and hope they eat at feeding time.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: