samksy

FISHING, I'M IN!!!!
Rating - 100%
346   0   0
After 9 months without a tank, it seems like a long time. And i have decided to come back and make good use of my office wall. Progress so far, the room is prepared with a cut out a while ago. I'll be doing a inwall display tank this time. This tank will be viewable from three side (peninsula). The stand is done and the tank is here. Great thanks to Ray and Wai and Jim for moving the tank into the basement. You guys the best!!! Here is some picture. My previous tank was run by a calcium reactor, this time i want to try dosing pump and see.

Will be drilling the tank this week/weekend mostly like and install the overflow box. Can't wait!

Suggestions and comments are welcome and appreciated :)

If you are a vendor and if you get me a great price on some stuff, please let me know :)

Dimension - 72x24x24

Equipment list that i plan to get,
Reef Octopus Elite skimmer
GHL doser :)
Jebao rw15 X2
Reef Octopus 110 pellet reactor
A basic sump
Kessil x3
And some pictures

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 985
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 982
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 979
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 973
Last edited:

samksy

FISHING, I'M IN!!!!
Rating - 100%
346   0   0

samksy

FISHING, I'M IN!!!!
Rating - 100%
346   0   0
Algae issues and put too much bio pellets too quickly so my sps aren't looking too good right now :| Recovering though.

Did you put new rocks into your tank? Marco rocks leaching phosphate into the water column? btw, i just got another 120 of those awsome porous rocks for my new build. Soaking them now, then drying them out and cement them together, can't wait.

I knew you wouldn't be gone for long!LMAO!good luck with the tank bro..
Thank Bro! Once your hook, your hook for life. Seriously though if it were for my basement renovation and the moisture issue, i would have keep my previous tank for another year....hahahaha!!!

I'm watching ;)... Since the tank is not reef ready what are your plans? Spill the beans man :)

1 overflow box i see, but a full overflow?

Good catch. I'm gonna get that drilled for overflow box, not full overflow. Doing the herbie style plumbing, i want to take out all the noise from the drain. It will be drilled on the side so i have three panel view, peninsula but in wall.

Back at it again. Only seemed like yesterday, lol. Let me know if you need help bud and good luck!
I need help man!!! big time...now i just gotta flip the tank and drill it on the side and throw the tank on top off the stand. As i'm looking at the stand, the stand is telling me, i can't wait, put the damn tank onto of me already....hahhaha!

Your next upgrade will require taking down that wall you built :smile:.
Nope, my next upgrade would be your 240G, i'm still waiting....:)

welcome back, sam!
Thanks Doug!!! It wasn't long, i just needed the short break :)

Awesome Sam. I have some nice frags for the new tank.
Thanks Rich :lol_large I won't want to kill those frags so soon.

Great upgrade!! Welcome back!
Thanks Jun :). Been itching the day I broken my 150g down...lol!

samksy

FISHING, I'M IN!!!!
Rating - 100%
346   0   0
progress

Got some work done over the weekends and night sacrificing some sleeps. Got a little nervous drilling the tank for overflow installation. Created a template and drilled the holes without any mess and the hole actually came out pretty good which i'm very happy with.

And big tanks to Carlos (Macropora) and Ray for helping with getting the tank onto the stand and leveling the tank. I wouldn't have level it so well. Thanks man!!!

And thanks for the sump hook up Carlos, it looks great after some elbow grease!

In the mean time, the tank is getting fill with RODI water, then it's rock curing time. Just need to finalize on a pump and get the plumbing going :). And also paint the overflow box side of the panel black.

Attachments

• template.jpg
    template.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 356
  • drilled.jpg
    drilled.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 353
  • installed overflow.jpg
    installed overflow.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 354
  • tank & sump.jpg
    tank & sump.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 352
Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: