Rating - 100%
180   0   0
Happy to help bud! And guys....he's making it sound worse than it is! The tank, although definitely on the rebound, looks great. He did such a great job of making it feel open and spacious yet still packed with coral and spots for the fish to feel at home. A great tank to sit in front of and zone out for sure.

aaron23

!THE ULTIMATE REEFER!
Rating - 98.3%
234   4   0
Very cool growth shots. Life happens etc we spend a lot less time with the reef in the summer. Glad the tanks back in the right direction!

stazitto25

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Happy to help bud! And guys....he's making it sound worse than it is! The tank, although definitely on the rebound, looks great. He did such a great job of making it feel open and spacious yet still packed with coral and spots for the fish to feel at home. A great tank to sit in front of and zone out for sure.
Thanks man, I couldn't be happier that I didn't nuke my tank!

Hove75

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
It might be the salt your using the salt i use is high in alk so i have to watch how much i put in cause my alk spikes everytime... maybe thats why your having such good growth even thou your alk@7 its steady and your cal&mag are some what above it Compensates for your alk interesting

Last edited:

stazitto25

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
It might be the salt your using the salt i use is high in alk so i have to watch how much i put in cause my alk spikes everytime... maybe thats why your having such good growth even thou your alk@7 its steady and your cal&mag are some what above it Compensates for your alk interesting
I suppose it is possible. I am definitely not the chemistry guru and thankfully you don't have to be in this hobby or I would have failed a long time ago.:teeth:

stazitto25

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Time for an update!

Everything is going great and growing rather quickly. Due to this growth spurt I need to change the times I dose two part. Right now I dose calc in the day and Alk overnight. I am considering dosing them each every hour. Alk in the first part of the hour and calc 30 minutes after. I am thinking that this will be a more consistent approach and will take away the daily chemical swing which I now experience. I will be starting that soon.

Below are a few pictures:

Attachments

• Acid Trip.jpg
    Acid Trip.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 126
  • Chris Turnier.jpg
    Chris Turnier.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 130
  • Frog Skin and Company.jpg
    Frog Skin and Company.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 123
  • Orange Passion and Acid Trip.jpg
    Orange Passion and Acid Trip.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 145
  • Orange Passion.jpg
    Orange Passion.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 128
  • Oregon Tort and Pals.jpg
    Oregon Tort and Pals.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 127
  • Tri- Color.jpg
    Tri- Color.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 128

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: