bad coffee

Inept at life.
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Nice looking tank!

You're going to have a field day at the frag swap! Look at all the room you have for corals!

Jenny, do you have a tang? if you do I can bring you some Ogo (red tang heaven.) If you have a tang it won't be a problem. If you've got nothing to eat it, it will go crazy in your tank!

B

DRZL

**ROCKSTAR**
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
nice refugium :joke:
What made you choose TBS LR? your setup looks very though out...cool beanz...

'nother jersey cat in the hiZzouse!

Reefer420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Thanks for the compliments! I will certainly try to get to the frag swap- can't wait to get my 1st corals from www.platinumreefs.com - Dennis has some amazing LPS and Softies.

I chose TBS LR b/c they ship in water- I have had little, if any, die off. The rock was basically only in shipment for maybe 4 hours - from the airport in FL to laguardia via air freight. I don't have room for a quarantine tank and really didn't want to cure smelly rock in my apartment- and since I wanted uncured LR for the life on it there wasn't really any place out there to go (maybe gulf-view, but they don't ship in water).

This rock was from their FL off shore site- not their gulf one. Due to all those hurricanes they haven't been able to harvest any from the gulf. Better macro algae on the off-shore rock apparently, but fewer sponges, etc. I have to say I have no complaints- still seeing new life everyday- tunicates, featherworms, shrimp, snails, etc. and since sponges have a nasty rep for dying and poluting the tank it might actually be for the best.

Getting the second half of the shipment in a week or so- will update and put up some more pics.

btw- does anyone else use tinypics.com for their images? I would post mine up here again, but I can't find the urls to the pics! I dont' want to load images twice. Next time I will post on both nano-reef and here!

Reefer420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
just tried to suck out a small aiptasia that I found- the only one...so far. missed him though- they have a strong grip! can't find it now- hopefully that doesn't do anything to make it spread! i'll have to try again tomorrow...

tank looks great now btw- (if you like the natural look), thing really are starting to grow in. I think I can see well over 2 dozen 'Spaghetti worms' at any given time- some of the tentacles I would swear are over 12 in. long! I've basically planned to get great looking softies (xenia, shrooms, gsp, zoos, etc) and some LPS- will look like a living, moving jungle w/ really colorful corals swaying all over the place.

Hope to get the 2nd half of my TBS rock soon- will post new pics!

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
Reefer420 said:
just tried to suck out a small aiptasia that I found- the only one...so far. missed him though- they have a strong grip! can't find it now- hopefully that doesn't do anything to make it spread! i'll have to try again tomorrow...

Where did you get this idea from? It won't work.

Reefer420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
damn- thought it would be easier than that! i was having great luck sucking ay unwanted things off the rock, and since the aiptasia was on the sand I thought it would come off fairly easily. oh well- we'll have to see if I find it again- i'll be getting a peppermint shrimp soon, hopefully it loves aiptasia... not too worried about it yet- I was talking to a guy who had aiptasia in his tank, but it never spread to more than a few- he actually liked the look of it a little (keeping my fingers crossed)! Since my tank is a natural style one you don't notice it much anyway- but I still don't want half my tank covered in it!

Reefer420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Getting 3 awesome zoos, 2 shrooms, and won a Rhodactis so far - was thinking about getting a blasto W for a centerpiece in my tank, but I don't know if I want to add so much at once... sure you can tag along, if you want to pick it up from me!

Reefer420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
btw- I won't be getting them for a little while. still need to get the 2nd shipment of LR. Dennis has been good enough to hold my order for me until I'm ready - nice deal for him I think, as I keep adding to my order every week or so!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: