Purplish... Got it from a member in Ct...was getting too big for his tank, it's still 'settling in' but it's over 24"

Oh did you get it from ca1ore? He was telling me he had a huge mag and I mentioned you to him 2 months ago in case he ever wanted to get rid of it. You have the biggest tank I know in my close group of reefers

Last edited:
Yes...he got another, much smaller one to replace it

Just make sure it stays happy, IME it's the pickiest anemone if it's not happy with its placement. Mine moved about 3 times (2 caused injuries) before it finally settled in the place where I wanted it to stay. I ended up putting another rock on top of the rock I wanted it to stay so it could be as close to the surface as possible

This has been my progression with my current Mag. From when I first got it, to the first disaster, no pics of the second disaster and now.
guraqe3u.jpg

Very bleached
hatuteda.jpg

9edyba8u.jpg

Last edited:

albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Tank has been on 'cruise control' for almost a year, as I've been re-doing/re-modeling my entire home.
Since I'm just about finished with the inside, I'm thinking to upgrade my 8' 450g tank to a 6'x5' or 6'x6' (500-600g) in wall tank and adding an additional 6' or 7' (~300g) tank for the upstairs living room. Will probably run 2 separate filter systems, both in basement.
The hard part will be moving everything from the 450g to a temporary holding system, while I re-do the fish room to accommodate the 6' in wall tank

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: