Rickyrooz

Acropora Nut
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I wanted to give everyone an quick update. The tank is coming back together slowly; I lost a few fish and coral in the process but I also added a few exotic fish that I cannot wait to add to my display. I have all of my original fish back in the display tank and I did end up adding a shallow sand bed (Tropic Eden Reefflakes). So far I am very pleased with the ZEOvit products. My phosphates are testing at 0.02 ppm (Hanna Checker) and they have never tested that low no matter how much GFO I used. I have a few new fish in quarantine and I am hoping to add my corals within a month. There really isn't much to see so I will not be posting pictures until everything is back in place.

Rickyrooz

Acropora Nut
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Since there isn't much to show in my display tank yet here is a picture from my frag tank.

Frag%20Tank_zps5ijk3jjt.jpg

I run four ATI Blue Plus, one ATI Coral Plus, one ATI Purple Plus and two ATI Actinic Plus in a TEK 8x54 watt T5 Fixture. I do not run a protein skimmer but I do have macro algae growing and two fish living alongside a few snails.

Rickyrooz

Acropora Nut
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
May Update

The corals have been in the tank for two months are beginning to encrust and gaining color. The Mystery Wrasse has developed a strange red bump on its lower lip, I am not sure what it is.

May%2031%202015_zpsboavl5bg.jpg

My ZEOvit dosing schedule is:
Daily
0.5 mL of ZEOstart3
Shake rocks daily
Twice per week
4 drops of ZEObak
15 mL Micro-Lift Special Blend
5 mL Brightwell MicroBacter7
4 drops of ZEOfood7
4 drops of KZ Sponge Power
4 drops of KZ Amino Acid Concentrate

Current parameters:
Temperature: 79
pH: 8.1
Salinity: 35ppt
Alkalinity: 9.3 dKH
Calcium: 430
Magnesium: 1240
Potassium: 430
Phosphate: 0.11
Nitrate: 2.5

I am running ROX 0.8 carbon and GFO passively in a mesh bag in the sump.

Rickyrooz

Acropora Nut
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Fish Update

My tank is currently an algae farm but here is a quick video of the fish I have. I added a Chevron Tang as well as a Male Pintail Fairy Wrasse. I am letting the tank run its algae course before I add corals back into the display. I removed the corals in August because the green hair algae was beginning to overtake the corals. I let the tank run for two weeks with no lights to kill the hair algae but to my surprise it did not make a huge dent. I am currently running a refugium with Chaetomorpha algae and dosing vodka. I still dose ZEObak and Sponge Power but the other ZEOvit products are not being used. Nitrates are at 2.5 mg/L and phosphates are between 0.05 and 0.08 ppm. I am no longer running GFO, I occasionally dose lanthanum chloride. I still run ROX 0.8 carbon passively in a mesh bag in the sump. I am currently running the metal halides for 3 hours per day and the T5's for 6 hours per day.

Here is a video link

Mr Tony Metoo

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm rooting for your come back bro.. Ups and downs come with the hobby.. Hopefully you'll over come the issues soon.. Going through a lot of algae issues myself but falls to bad husbandry habits.. Thought it was a cycle from a few different things in my tank and eventually it would subside but it looks like my case is getting a lil worst without the water changes... Hope your remedies work..

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: