Status
Not open for further replies.

xxxAngeloxxx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Hello my fellow reefers I would like to INTRODUCE my NEW 55G tank. after 3 LONG MONTHS of waiting I finally have my new deep blue 55g up n running. I couldn't do it with out my buddy BART hes also a member from MR. but enough about me i would like to thank all the members from MR that have answered my questions from day 1 and till this day too. Now time to get water and relax and see my IMAGINARY FISH SWIM by in my tank lol But let me STOP talking and enjoy the pictures that i have posted up.

MY BUDDY AT WORK LOL

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Very nice!
I like the aquascaping too :)
How long did it take for the foam to set up and totally dry?

When are you adding the water? lol

And please do tell us your plans for the tank..livestock..corals?

xxxAngeloxxx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Very nice!
I like the aquascaping too :)
How long did it take for the foam to set up and totally dry?

When are you adding the water? lol

And please do tell us your plans for the tank..livestock..corals?

The foam took 48 hours to try up complely n this weekend i will add water n yes kathy i will add coral n fish lol some zoa's n this wat im thinkin to put in the tank

Sailfin Tang
Blue Eye Kole Tang
6 Line Wrasses
2 Pisscaso Clown Fish
Cleaning Shrimp
Flaming Angel Fish
Yellow Watchman Goby

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
The foam took 48 hours to try up complely n this weekend i will add water n yes kathy i will add coral n fish lol some zoa's n this wat im thinkin to put in the tank

Sailfin Tang
Blue Eye Kole Tang
6 Line Wrasses
2 Pisscaso Clown Fish
Cleaning Shrimp
Flaming Angel Fish
Yellow Watchman Goby

How are you going to let it cycle - will you use the supermarket shrimp to start the cycle?

A Sailfin Tang??? While I am not a member of the Tang police (I can't be I have one in a not to correctly sized tank myself...) but that is a BIG fish for a 55g tank. Probably not a good idea :(

The Kole Tang is pushing the boundaries on tank size, but it will probably be fine as it is not aggressive.

Six Line Wrasse - If I had a nickle for every person who has regretted buying one of these fish, I'd be rich. Too often they turn into very nasty adult fish and antagonize all of the other fish in a tank, most especially anything new that gets added. IMO they aren't valuable enough for what they are supposedly good for (eating flatworms..why do you have a flatworm issue already...I didn't think so...) to outweigh their nasty attitude.
IMO there are dozens of other wrasses that are much better reef citizens and that are colorful and non-aggressive that you could put into the tank :)

A pair of clowns - perfect, great little fish :fish:

A Flaming Angle Fish eh? lol You might be better off calling it a Flame Angel Fish ;) A great fish, adds great color to a tank. Some of these unfortunately turn out to be nippers of corals..you have about a 50/50 chance. I had one who never bothered any corals, but I kept it well fed.
If you get this guy, add him last because they do tend to establish a territory and will defend it from any new fish added afterward.

Yellow Watchman Goby - another nice fish. Just be careful and put a cover on the tank as these guys are inclined to jump.

Please rethink the addition of the Sailfin Tang, the tank really isn't appropriate for one of those.

xxxAngeloxxx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
How are you going to let it cycle - will you use the supermarket shrimp to start the cycle?

A Sailfin Tang??? While I am not a member of the Tang police (I can't be I have one in a not to correctly sized tank myself...) but that is a BIG fish for a 55g tank. Probably not a good idea :(

The Kole Tang is pushing the boundaries on tank size, but it will probably be fine as it is not aggressive.

Six Line Wrasse - If I had a nickle for every person who has regretted buying one of these fish, I'd be rich. Too often they turn into very nasty adult fish and antagonize all of the other fish in a tank, most especially anything new that gets added. IMO they aren't valuable enough for what they are supposedly good for (eating flatworms..why do you have a flatworm issue already...I didn't think so...) to outweigh their nasty attitude.
IMO there are dozens of other wrasses that are much better reef citizens and that are colorful and non-aggressive that you could put into the tank :)

A pair of clowns - perfect, great little fish :fish:

A Flaming Angle Fish eh? lol You might be better off calling it a Flame Angel Fish ;) A great fish, adds great color to a tank. Some of these unfortunately turn out to be nippers of corals..you have about a 50/50 chance. I had one who never bothered any corals, but I kept it well fed.
If you get this guy, add him last because they do tend to establish a territory and will defend it from any new fish added afterward.

Yellow Watchman Goby - another nice fish. Just be careful and put a cover on the tank as these guys are inclined to jump.

Please rethink the addition of the Sailfin Tang, the tank really isn't appropriate for one of those.

Give me a few to read all this Kathy lol

xxxAngeloxxx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Just gonna let the water clycle for 3 months or less but i will buy either a blue or green chromis fish. For sailfan i have read what people of said of u got to have a bigger tank for them but it doesnt hurt one to put one at least till it out grows my tank i'lll either sale it or give it away. And for the angel yea i have read they nip on coral so i will take that risk lol

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Just gonna let the water clycle for 3 months or less but i will buy either a blue or green chromis fish.

:sad2: Really? You've been a member here long enough to know, and appreciate, the value of the lives of these animals. Why would you subject any fish to the pain/agony of toxic ammonia. Please don't do it.

For sailfan i have read what people of said of u got to have a bigger tank for them but it doesnt hurt one to put one at least till it out grows my tank i'lll either sale it or give it away. And for the angel yea i have read they nip on coral so i will take that risk lol

Kathy said it best. There are hundreds of other beautiful, appropriate fish for your tank. Why go with a sailfin if another fish can be just as beautiful and be right for your size tank?

JMO

Russ

xxxAngeloxxx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
:sad2: Really? You've been a member here long enough to know, and appreciate, the value of the lives of these animals. Why would you subject any fish to the pain/agony of toxic ammonia. Please don't do it.

Kathy said it best. There are hundreds of other beautiful, appropriate fish for your tank. Why go with a sailfin if another fish can be just as beautiful and be right for your size tank?

JMO

Russ

Damn Russ looks like u been lookin out for me for a while lol j.k k the sailfan is out the list now

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
You know what would be a real sweet pair in your tank.......a pistol shrimp & Yasha Hase Goby!! When this pair is added to a standard tank, they can take up residence somewhere in the back where you might never see them. However, in your tank, the ability to see from both sides means they can't really hide from your view. ;)

One of my favorite symbiotic pairs in nature, and beautiful colors, disposition, relationship of any combination. You should check them out. Just make sure your rockwork is on a solid foundation (bottom glass) and the sandbed is at least 2.5"-3" deep.

Russ

xxxAngeloxxx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
You know what would be a real sweet pair in your tank.......a pistol shrimp & Yasha Hase Goby!! When this pair is added to a standard tank, they can take up residence somewhere in the back where you might never see them. However, in your tank, the ability to see from both sides means they can't really hide from your view. ;)

One of my favorite symbiotic pairs in nature, and beautiful colors, disposition, relationship of any combination. You should check them out. Just make sure your rockwork is on a solid foundation (bottom glass) and the sandbed is at least 2.5"-3" deep.

Russ

Nope im not gonna mess around wit a pistol shrimp he carries a 40 revolver lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: