tunicata

Tunicate Tamer
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
drsfstrsmith, brs, has a fragging kit. some vendors here probably have them too.

i thought all of those packs cost too much for what they were so i bought 8 pack clay scapel tools for like $6 and $9 bone cutters (ebay) tweezers cost like $1, scissors are everywhere.
that's more tools than a basic fragging kit has for like $16 instead of the 30-55 from shops.

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Ok I want to order so can someone recommend or link me to some stuff on ebay. Like tunicata suggested I think ordering individual pieces (not intended for fragging will be the cheapest). I want to remove these corals from my rock and will try to save what I can in the process.

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
True I say amazon especially if u have free prime shipping I beg u can find all u need for under $20 I might do that myself than for idea people

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 100%
294   0   0
Was that list ever made? If so, can someone send it to me? Thanks.

I think tunicata covered it on top. Personally I've been using my kitchen knife for about a year so far haven't needed bone cutters or anything else.

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Can anyone recommend what specific tools to get. Like what type/size of scalpel, what kind of tongs, are scissors necessary, I know eye wear and gloves but anything else. I need to start learning to do this as I am completely full of corals and need to start making some frags to trade and bring to my tanks in NJ.

Rating - 94.6%
105   6   0
Hey you do know that you can by this stuff at your local drug store right. The bone cutters are the big toe nail nippers. For small soft cuts cuticle cutters, tweezers of all types. Just do duane reade. If there is something you need special there are also surgical supply store and also online.
Why pay more, wait for it to arrive, and pay shipping when you don't have to!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: