Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Photo Gallery Chat Reef Database Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Vendor Notice
Hello Everyone,

My name is Andrew and I am the owner of Advanced Marine Aquatics (AMA). I have been a member of Manhattan Reefs since 2011 and I have met some great friends through this community. I started off here like most of you – learning from other experienced members. I began this hobby at 8 years old and started off by tinkering with small guppy tanks. As it has for most of us here, this has turned into a lifelong hobby and passion of mine and I have not looked back since.

I opened AMA with the hobbyist in mind. My main goal was to open a store where the fish are healthy and well taken care of. I also envisioned opening a store where the staff aren’t pressuring you or giving you false information. We, at AMA, believe in doing things the right way and are not in it to make a quick buck. I cannot and will not in good conscience sell you something that just came off of a 15-hour plane ride to put straight into your tank. After working at other shops, I wanted to do things my way. Any real hobbyist can appreciate that.

My mission is to bring you the healthiest and most unique livestock possible at a reasonable price. We carry the necessities as far as supplies go, because let’s be realistic – everyone buys online nowadays. But if you want to learn about a product and receive great customer support, I’m your guy. I can place orders for my customers at below, or matching online prices on most items. We carry a large variety of corals, saltwater fish, and rare freshwater fish, all the way down to the basics. We also specialize in maintenance and installation. I look forward to seeing you at Advanced Marine Aquatics and supplying you with the finest product.

Thank you and I hope to see you soon!

Closed Thread

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2017, 09:31 AM
Reefer Ratings: (0 (0%)
Friends: (0)
thejayreefer is offline View My Gallery Send a Private Message
Long Island LFS, Advanced Marine Aquatics

So I visited Advanced Marine Aquatics in Alberston, NY and I was very impressed with the overall store.

- Everything was nice, neat, clean, and the fish and coral appeared to be healthy and thriving.

- Display tank is visible from the street which is awesome to look at from the sidewalk or in the store! It appeared that they were still stocking the tank, but it was still eye candy

- The staff, Andrew (owner) and Nick (manager) were accommodating and very easy to speak with.

- BEST OF ALL, THE PRICES WERE REASONABLE!!! I bought from the same LFS's (will not mention names) for the past couple of years and Advanced Marine Aquatics have them beat hands down.

Overall, I was very happy with my visit and will definitely buy from this LFS moving forward.
Attached Thumbnails

Old 05-31-2017, 10:21 AM
Reefer Ratings: (10 (100%)
theMeat is online now View My Gallery Send a Private Message
Agree 100%

Great to have store that knows their stuff, has great prices, and puts the effort in.

We should all support this place for a long lasting win win
Old 05-31-2017, 10:42 AM
Reefer Ratings: (0 (0%)
thejayreefer is offline View My Gallery Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by theMeat View Post
Agree 100%

Great to have store that knows their stuff, has great prices, and puts the effort in.

We should all support this place for a long lasting win win
As they are still a new LFS, it will only be a matter of time until they are well known!

Thanks for sharing! I am glad others have had great experiences too!
Old 05-31-2017, 03:24 PM
FISH RX
Vendor: Vendor - Issue reason:  
Reefer Ratings: (8 (100%)
Advanced Marine Aquatics is online now View My Gallery Send a Private Message
Thank you for the support guys!
Saturday 11am-7pm
Sunday 12pm-6pm
Monday CLOSED
PARKING AND ENTRANCE IN REAR AND FRONT
516-801-4161