Morning. I'm looking for a great NYC store and stumbled upon you name on Reef2reef.

Can you tell me what sort of quarantine procedures you use on your corals and fish? Also do you carry any aqua cultured pieces?

Thanks for your time.

Only place I go to for my fish. Since starting my new tank, all fish from AMA go right into the tank and I have never had ich, velvet... (all fish in system are from AMA)

If I was to purchase from anywhere else, LFS, online, liveaquaria... They all get QT. I have a QT system but Since AMA doesn't get used.
Genomecop - do yourself a favor - just go!!! You wont be disappointed.

Morning. I'm looking for a great NYC store and stumbled upon you name on Reef2reef.

Can you tell me what sort of quarantine procedures you use on your corals and fish? Also do you carry any aqua cultured pieces?

Thanks for your time.

Hello! We are glad you found us. We have different procedures for fish that come in, depending on where we get them from. Direct imports take a bit longer to deal with. They are slow dripped, and put in our back system for a few days, so we can monitor them and eliminate any disease that we can see. The local and wholesale livestock get dripped into our systems right away. All of our fish systems on the floor are treated with Cupramine and Prazipro. Salinity is kept at 1.024-25, to avoid long dripping times when you go home. UV sterilizers are always running as well. Fish on the floor tend to be a bit colored down, from the medication. Anything that looks like it still has something on it, goes through a freshwater dip after it begins to eat. We encourage you to ask anyone who has dealt with us about their experience. We will not sell anything that we wouldn't put in our own display tank. Some fish sit here for weeks before we would consider releasing them. It does not help us, or you, if we sell sick fish. That being said, all fish go through another battle once they are moved to a different environment. Please feel free to come in or call/message us for any other questions.

saltykid85

Advanced Reefer
A great practice to use, wish all stores would do the same, however to not still quarantine afterwards is pure blasphemy.

Ich is just a number of things people use quarantine against, and the quickest was to do so is the tank transfer method, and that takes 14 days. Any fish who entwrs system of copper for less than 7 days can still carry ich, before it drops off to reproduce. Copper is only effective in the free swimming part, and and tomites embedded into the fish is protected against copper until it drops off.

Corals are even tougher to quarantine, for if they are in a system with fish, can carry cysts, which means at least 72 days without living in a system with fish to break the cycle. That's just a fish standpoint, with no regard to aefw or a handful of other coral killers.

In reality, one should have a fish quarantine, no less than 30 days , unless using ttm, a coral quarantine, no less than 72 days, and an invert/misc quarantine, for snails, hermits, algae , etc (anything wet)

As you will see, without this, at some point you will lose livestock, and that is why you are able to find so many items used for sale.

Ama is great for minimizing damage and quarantine, but that should be the start of it, not the end

A great practice to use, wish all stores would do the same, however to not still quarantine afterwards is pure blasphemy.

Ich is just a number of things people use quarantine against, and the quickest was to do so is the tank transfer method, and that takes 14 days. Any fish who entwrs system of copper for less than 7 days can still carry ich, before it drops off to reproduce. Copper is only effective in the free swimming part, and and tomites embedded into the fish is protected against copper until it drops off.

Corals are even tougher to quarantine, for if they are in a system with fish, can carry cysts, which means at least 72 days without living in a system with fish to break the cycle. That's just a fish standpoint, with no regard to aefw or a handful of other coral killers.

In reality, one should have a fish quarantine, no less than 30 days , unless using ttm, a coral quarantine, no less than 72 days, and an invert/misc quarantine, for snails, hermits, algae , etc (anything wet)

As you will see, without this, at some point you will lose livestock, and that is why you are able to find so many items used for sale.

Ama is great for minimizing damage and quarantine, but that should be the start of it, not the end

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: