airwaterice

Airwaterice
Vendor
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:help:​

How do you do a TDS test?

Here are the steps to test if your RODI unit is functioning properly and removing the correct amount of TDS:

1. Fast Flush your unit for 10 minutes.

2. Make RODI water for 10 minutes

3. Take a TDS reading of your Tap water! (Now clean the TDS meter probes)

4. Take a TDS reading of your RO Only water (Before the DI). This reading should be less than 5 ? 10% of the tap water reading. (If your TDS reading is more than 10%, replace your membrane.) Clean TDS meter probes.

5. Take a TDS reading of your RODI water. It should be close to ZERO! If this is a new DI filter and your meter reads higher than ZERO, your TDS meter is WRONG!!

FYI: A quick and easy test to determine if your DI is exhausting too quickly is calculated as follows: Example: If your tap water TDS is 200 PPM your RO only water after the membrane, should be around 10 PPM. Then divide 1200 by this 10 PPM equals about 120 gallons of RODI before your DI resin will exhaust. **This is for a 10? refillable cartridge. The In-Line DI filters only last HALF as long. The 20? refillables will last TWICE as long.

oh207

Advanced Reefer
Apex Freak
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Good info. I never understood how this thing works and have no way of testing or confirming its accuracy.
I think my TDS meter is built into the BRS RODI unit. And it usually read 0.02 in and 0 out.
Is there a handheld TDS meter I can purchase to confirm these readings? Or is it necessary?

airwaterice

Airwaterice
Vendor
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, of course! We have an HM Digital handheld TDS meter for $22.22 or a Sennon Hand-held meter for $19.95.

If you need filters for your BRS unit, our filters are compatible with theirs because as long as you have standard 10" housings our filters are 10" filters. With the quarterly special we have right now, if you spend $50 you get a free hand-held meter. Otherwise, you can use your club specific 10% discount on either meter mentioned above.

Good info. I never understood how this thing works and have no way of testing or confirming its accuracy.
I think my TDS meter is built into the BRS RODI unit. And it usually read 0.02 in and 0 out.
Is there a handheld TDS meter I can purchase to confirm these readings? Or is it necessary?

airwaterice

Airwaterice
Vendor
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't ever be ashamed to ask questions on how to properly use your RODI unit!

To Fast Flush an RO unit, you must first have a Fast Flush Flow Restrictor. http://www.airwaterice.com/product/FASTFLUSH/Fast-Flush---Ball-Valve-Combined-with-Restrictor.html

With the black valve, you simply turn it parallel with the flow arrow to flush. Once you have flushed, turn the "knob" perpendicular to close the restrictor.

The benefit of "flushing" your RODI unit is that helps to "clean" the membrane from any build up or preservatives that have gotten on it. This helps preserve the life/longevity of your membrane.

Hope this information was helpful!

Im not too ashamed to ask: how fast fluch ro unit? This could be part of my problems lately

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: