b-ridge

Advanced Reefer
I would personally like to thank Ralph for being a good guy and offering the best customer service I have ever encountered
I bought a fish almost 2 weeks ago. Took the fish home and had him in qt before placing into main tank. Long story short the fish started exhibiting some symptoms I wasn't familiar with cause I have never qt'd fish up until recently. Well Ralph offered to take the fish, place in his store for qt and whatever medications or do whatever it was needed to get the fish back right/healthy. I asked how much was he gonna charge for all this. He replied NOTHING. Now I was surprised and shocked when he said no cost. Especially when there's stores trying to charge and do charge a price just to qt. Ralph was willing to qt and treat at no cost to me.
Unfortunately by the time I got to Ralph and his shop(took me a hour and 45 minutes since I'm so far) he was dealing with a unforeseen issue and when I took the fish out the bucket my fish had already passed away. I had my wife with me and she was visually upset cause of what was happening to the fish(she didn't know the fish died). Ralph said he would replace the fish at no cost to me and try to have it in by the time my wife thinks the treatment of the fish is done/over.
How's that for customer service. Thanks again Ralph

b-ridge

Advanced Reefer
I'm glad to hear he took excellent care of you. Hope you enjoy the ich and the fish dying within 8 hours and him telling you it's because there difficult fish. Then charge you more for a replacement then you paid for the first one
But no I was talking about Ralph over in Yonkers. He takes excellent care of me too. I can't speak on everyone who has dealt with him but I can personally say he has done right by me. Made sure fish were eating. Any death I received he replaced or gave me a better price on something else. Matched prices of other lfs(guess that's why nobody is posting prices anymore)and beat those prices
It may not mean anything to anybody else but someone willing to take a sick fish and nurse it back to health at no charge is good in my book. That space my fish is/was gonna take up could easily of been used for another fish to sell

b-ridge

Advanced Reefer
How can someone's opinion be wrong?
Because our opinions vary doesn't mean that you or I am wrong. If that's the case your opinion on what you wrote is wrong.
I was just saying as far as my experiences go. Pretty sure there will be people that say the same thing you say. And I'm sure if I wanted I could find people to say the same thing I say also.
As far as Ralph(jersey) I had the utmost respect for him over the years up until recently. I've dealt with Ralph going as far back as when he was in the first shop in mt Vernon. When Ivan used to keep his ponytail braided. Then when he moved to the spot in Yonkers. Then to the spot in the Bronx. Then to the spot in Connecticut. Then and now to the spot in jersey. Now if that's not loyalty and dedication to a person I don't know what it is. Find me another person who can say the same. Anyway to buy a fish and die within hours, let him know. Drive down 2 hours after calling him and him telling me he would take care of it. Go down and charge me more than what I even paid for the fish is wrong. Is what it is. Not opinion. This is fact
As far as Ant. Another good funny dude. He as well has taken good care of me. A fish died and he replaced it no questions asked. Ordered fish for me(eventhough it took me weeks to pick up the fish. BUT when I did go the fish was still there with my name on it). We didn't see eye to eye at first but we got past that quickly. Besides things being slow for him I have nothing negative to say
Since I travel quite a ways to lfs I try and support all lfs. It's a hard business. I can say positive and negative about every lfs I have ever visited. Pretty sure you can do the same also. I'm letting everyone know the experience I had with Ralph. If some don't like it so what. If some do so what. He was doing me a favor and this is my way of showing appreciation and saying thank you. Now that is not my opinion. That is FACTS

b-ridge

Advanced Reefer
Now as a community we need to be supporting as many stores as we can. That's why stores open and close all the time. Without them we will be forced to pay online prices and shipping. But you bring up a valid point about opinions. I'm curious to know how you would know what another store does? Is it your opinion or is it fact that he bought corals from reef shoppe and is selling them higher? Did Ralph himself tell you that personally? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to put 2 and 2 together how you know or found out that information. And that is sad. By you doing someone else's dirty work your making them look bad in my eyes. What a shame

cejayreef13

Advanced Reefer
I can say the same Ralph in Jersey now is shady no wonder he's had so many stores he's getting fish for the penny on the dollar and then sells them sick after they have been transhipped and stressed and then does nothing to reimburse you glad you found a good guy bridge def gonna check him out in the future

AXsignaturecorals

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
I appreciate the kind words.. but please lets refrain from mentioning other vendors on my post. I would not want anyone insinuating that im encouraging people to bash them. i dont do business that way. On the contrary i wish them all the best.. this is a tough business so i respect all the lfs hard work to get where they are..

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: