Status
Not open for further replies.

anthonys51

Advanced Reefer
Who cares people he is out of business. Really no need to beat a dead horse. He Fish where cheap but they mostly looked like crap. I was there choose not to buy. I don?t qt and Fish in my 660 gallon system. So I can?t buy cheap crap fish. I need to buy from lfs who semi qt there Fish. But that?s my choice you are all big boys make your own choice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Advanced Reefer
who cares people he is out of business. Really no need to beat a dead horse. He fish where cheap but they mostly looked like crap. I was there choose not to buy. I don?t qt and fish in my 660 gallon system. So i can?t buy cheap crap fish. I need to buy from lfs who semi qt there fish. But that?s my choice you are all big boys make your own choice

sent from my iphone using tapatalk pro

lol

b-ridge

Advanced Reefer
It's funny to hear some of these people blast Ralph now that he's not in business any longer for whatever reasons. BUT I'm sure I've seen a bunch of people who are now blasting him in his stores whether it be the mount Vernon, Yonkers or jersey. I'm just saying

nellynel21

Advanced Reefer
99% of all the LFS selling hear on MR including all member selling fish and corals came or purchse from transships..
All top names buy there fish and corals from the same place Ralph buy.. so no need to be pointing fingers on some one that help and gave the opportunity to allot of hobbies to experience the saltwater hobby.those are thanking Ralph today and still want him back because allot of stores raise there prices up as soon Ralph left .. I use to pay $75 for a yellow tang on house of fins to see it die 2 weeks later .same story with a $150 for a flame angel.
Did i get mad no i still visit there ..
Buy the way I have 3 yellow tang doing great for 3 years in my system came from Ralph. I'm sellingbthem for $75 each ..
Happy Holliday all
No need to benpiss off
Move on
Enjoy your live is only one . Never know when God tells you is time to go...

OOOH I forgot . STAY TUNED something is COOKING!!!!

Last edited:

cejayreef13

Advanced Reefer
nellynel you use to work for ralph?you opening a store gonna be long term or short term like your buddy your defending. i don't care if he made the hobby affordable for you guys its not supposed to be cheap. If he was as good as you all think then why isn't he still in business hahah at any of the five locations he's had in the past 3 or 4 years.

nellynel21

Advanced Reefer
I didnt knew this hobby is only for people with money. Let me know if you allow me to open a store .. if you do and we meet each other let me know when you pass by so i could raise the prices up for you .and take you to the acclimation vault

Last edited:

cejayreef13

Advanced Reefer
haha its not supposed to be cheap were dealing with lives of animals not toys. I don't purchase from stores buddy especially not chop shops that you or ralph work at. I don't have to even say much cause he's closed down just like the past stores. All you guys care about are deals and if its cheap or free. Look at the stores that have been around for 5 plus years at average prices there doing it right

nellynel21

Advanced Reefer
If he was as good as you all think then why isn't he still in business hahah at any of the five locations he's had in the past 3 or 4 years.

If you so worry and you are so excited to know this question . You should contact him and he will explain to you wild you eat some popcorn .

cejayreef13

Advanced Reefer
i can't no info cause he's a nobody and never has been someone with a credible background or any experience at keeping animals alive in healthy parameters and living conditions. i don't see pop corals changing locations or nyaquatics or any of the other reliable honest local fish stores that have been in business for years moving from state to state location to location.

nellynel21

Advanced Reefer
Ahhh that's what I wanted to see
Michael from nyaquatics and popcorals. Your top store .. I though you didnt buy from chop shop fish store .. let me sit and read all this nonsense again and keep laugh lmaoooo
Dammm you know so much about Ralph you could make a movie and get rich.. I hope you know it all.
Good luck . My fingers are starting to hurt writing hear..
Peace to the world

Last edited:

cejayreef13

Advanced Reefer
haha i was just naming a few of your stores from your area that are still around not hot reef lol or max reef lol or azure aquatics must be hard to type.I just know someone who sells online out of a basement is not good for this hobby or the actual brick and mortar stores. Have me and you ever had bad dealings before nelly i don't think so not making it personal. This is a passion for many of us not just a way to make a profit. Shady business practices are i guess becoming a normal thing in this hobby and its not goin to last in the end. Let me know when you get your store goin best of luck to you.

My personal opinion:
To say that this hobby isn't supposed to be cheap is ridiculous... In fact, since it's an expensive hobby many retailers may try to get every 'extra' dollar out of the customers, which is why I don't shop at any shops 'local' to me.

As far as I know, over the past few years, Ralph started out in Mt Vernon, moved to a bigger store in Yonkers, then again to a bigger store in the Bronx with room for his tank/sump building business ... that's not 'closing his doors'! That sounds like a good business man to me.
When he moved to Ct, he was able to sell the business and (I assume) most of his equipment. Sounds like an even smarter business move.

For many years, myself and many friends purchased livestock from him without disease and problems, and while I'm now happy with Reef Shoppe, I'd also stop by Ralph's or Nelly's new store if it's in Westchester or the Bronx.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: