Status
Not open for further replies.

b-ridge

Advanced Reefer
There actually not tiny. They range from sizes 2-4 inches. Some little smaller. Some little bigger
I wouldn't say he's another bad business man. He's been around for years. Does great online business. Has own website. Was on Manhattan reefs years ago. On other forums
No way shape or form am I advocating for this person. Just letting the community know

Think bad business man was in reference to what I said. 3 failed businesses in 5 years. Makes you a bad business man. Sorry actions speak louder than words

I'm not sure what you mean by "3 failed businesses".... Max Reef went from MtVernon to Yonkers to the Bronx, each time to a bigger store, then later he moved that business to Bridgeport, where he sold the business and equipment to a partner he had there...what part of that is a failure? Most small businesses close their doors and have a storage unit full of stuff they'll never need again.
As Marrone mentioned the store in NJ was not a good location, probably was a bad business decision, but IMO it is something that I blame on 'culture shock'...which happens when someone has lived/done business in a city (metro area) and is used to many people/customers being available...then moving to more rural area where you have to 'search' for customers.
If he decides to return to this area, I think most people will be back on line for his Black Friday Sale! (Including a couple of LFS owners that buy from him)

Noel8777

Advanced Reefer
Lol Ralph a good guy just joking about new shop 40 buck tangs but see how fast people change there opinion for a good deal

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
What made Ralph so popular was his prices and Black Friday deals. But that's what ruined him in the end. People now got used of buying stuff at a low rate. That they wanted all the time. One more thing before we but this to rest. Ivan who started working for him at Mt Vernon store. He started the success by being the icon for Max Reef...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: