Paolissimo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
8 ave and 54st next to Chase bank place is called reef aquarium its the best store in this part of Brooklyn
I stopped by there yesterday, If you drive there, I suggest NOT to take 8th ave instead take 7th or 6th and then look for a spot NOT on 8th ave. The store is nice, the guys working there not soo much, I asked for a couple of prices on the frag tank, and they gave me two different prices for the same item, a piece that to me was worth about $50, a guy told me $80, and then another guy told me $55. They do have a stocked store, lots of healthy fish and corals, as h20 says, it might be the best store around, I just didn't like the attitude of the guys I was dealing with.

bkstang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
I visited this store not long ago but didn't talk to any salesman but I was at another store on 8th ave, just a couple blocks from this one and I was shocked. I will never go there again, dead and dying fish, many of them and the sales woman doing nothing. horror......

h2o

Wanna be clown fish pimp
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
I stopped by there yesterday, If you drive there, I suggest NOT to take 8th ave instead take 7th or 6th and then look for a spot NOT on 8th ave. The store is nice, the guys working there not soo much, I asked for a couple of prices on the frag tank, and they gave me two different prices for the same item, a piece that to me was worth about $50, a guy told me $80, and then another guy told me $55. They do have a stocked store, lots of healthy fish and corals, as h20 says, it might be the best store around, I just didn't like the attitude of the guys I was dealing with.

Yeah parking is wack but the great part is I never pay the sticker price always get some $ off , even if the price is good I still negotiate :) and from time to time will go home with a deal :)

chinatown

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Yeah parking is wack but the great part is I never pay the sticker price always get some $ off , even if the price is good I still negotiate :) and from time to time will go home with a deal :)

yup. Ken's a good man, he'll give you a good price on pieces that you may want. I go there all the time.

bkstang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Update.
I believe the "Aquariums" store on 80th st just off 5th ave in Bay Ridge is closed. A couple of days ago I saw a few guys removing tanks (dirty as hell) from the store and loading them to a van. I was passing by the store today and it was closed.
I guess their business model didn't work out. What a pity. It would be nice to have a fish store in the neighborhood.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: