russianmd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
There is Petland Discounts at 510 5th Ave between 12th and 13th. They sell FW fish and some fish supplies. Buyer beware, though - their staff is woefully misinformed. I've seen them put dog harnesses on backwards...

No other stores that cary fish in the area - you have to venture further south. Look at this thread:

http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/brooklyn/14767-lfs-search-brooklyn.html

And mandarin (below) is absolutely right - their fish usually look pretty sad.

Last edited:

mandarin

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
not in park slope, I would stay away from that petland. I usually see the fish with ich. There is a store on 48th and 8th ave that have SW and FW. Nice selection of goldfish but they don't speak much english. If you know what you want that is a good place.

marki24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.1%
116   1   0
I used to work in Park Slope and then had Brooklyn Zoo on 9th street right near C-Town. They had some fresh Water stuff and Brakish. most of my Africans i got from there but they are out of business now. I would definetely stay away from the petland on 5 aVeune. I would pretty much stay away from all petlands. I just have 2 that i like and one is in Greenpoint and the other is in Kingshighway. The rest dont know what they are talking about.

bad coffee

Inept at life.
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
you could go shopping for frags at the pratt tanks. . . Just PM randy!!!

Just kidding. I'm in Clinton hill/ft green. There's nothing here. I do go to petland for some dry goods once in a while. They're cheaper than most places. even online if you include shipping.

B

marki24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.1%
116   1   0
I will have to disagree with Petland being cheaper for dry goods than online. Most places charge free shipping and its a lot cheaper than petland anyways. Petland is good for one thing. Emergencies. That's all.

BrooklynsReefMan1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
theres the petland on 5th and 12th 13th

but thats only fw and one half ass brackish tank...

lol i used to love it there in the end of 06 and begging of 07 but all the good employes quite because of the manager and now they have old people and basicly retards and they really have no reason to be mensioned on mr ever again lol.....

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: