Central Aquariums Corp.

Maxreefaquatics.com
i always miss your sps sales on sundays. do you have sps in stock?

We do have sps in stock. We also will be bringing in some more in sunday and a big shipment of sps is scheduled for next week sunday as well

Sps will be selling for $25 each

Also the phantom clowns are the ones by sea and reef most of our clowns are from them.

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Just got back place was pack. Lots of fish in stock. If your going make sure you ask for a number. That's how they are working it. So good luck. Plenty of different clownfish. They have about 6 clownfish from sea and reef. Black phantom. Snow flakes, ect,...

LavaToad

Experienced Reefer
Expect a long wait. At 10:45 they were still at number 7 and I was #49 so I gave up... Even when there isn't a sale they still have the best prices so I'll be back when I can fit down the aisles lol

d5332

Advanced Reefer
Speechless

stores making the line at max reefs to buy for their own store inventory!!!!!

The prices are insane

i got there at 11am and had to wait for over an hour

i got a basketball size elegance for $40
adult emperor for $40

no point in listing the other things i got

Yes maybe a limit on certain things next time...saw a dude with 10 clowns, 5 firefish etc. I waited but had to leave being that there were 40 numbers ahead of me lol. Ill be back this weekend anyway, the regular prices and service is good enough :).

Yes maybe a limit on certain things next time...saw a dude with 10 clowns, 5 firefish etc. I waited but had to leave being that there were 40 numbers ahead of me lol. Ill be back this weekend anyway, the regular prices and service is good enough :).

wow - that's insane. i wouldn't suggest putting a limit based on the spirit of the event, but if that person resells them for a profit on MR in the near future, i'd be really pissed. just my $.18 i'll wait for the christmas sale! :D

Alfredo De La Fe

They need to get a "real" number system with an LED board and tickets you pull. There were MANY people reusing old numbers, so I ended up being there for well over an hour to get help and missed out on a few things I wanted but which people that got there AFTER me bought.

Also, I did not even realize they were helping people by a number until I had been waiting for help for about 20 minutes.

But I can't complain too much, I spent more than I was expecting and this is my new favorite aquarium store!

Alfredo

ecvernon

Advanced Reefer
I didn't get there early and I got number 73 while they were calling 30's!However alot of people left and it went faster than I thought. I waited for an hour.

Even with all those people in front of me they still had packed aquariums full of fish. The coral deals were great! They had huge hammer colonies for 65 when usually they sell for 150 at any other store or online retailer!elegance corals for $40 and a whole lot if other stuff. I have never seen an big turnout at an aquarium store for any type of sale.

The crowd of people in there reminded me of when I go to the frag swap. Even after the long wait I got the fish I came to get because they had plenty.

d5332

Advanced Reefer
The prices were insane!!!!

I dont know about putting a limit on quantities per person, the point is to sell.

I was told that one single customer purchased all of the cleaner shrimp and the blood shrimp and only a store or reseller would do that.

I am not pissed, I once owned a restaurant and the when you set dirt low prices the point is so sell regardless of who buys it.

The prices at this store are so low 365 that if you dont make this sale dont feel bad. The management will give you similiar prices if you go in there and drop a few hundred each visit and btw a few hundred a this store usually means you are walking out with 5 to 10 bags in a large styrofoam box.

I know I have a reef tank but $40 for a fully matured small adult emperator angel was too hard to pass on, if he proves to be to destructive I will sell him or setup a fish only tank, I mean, $40 bucks, I can name 3 stores that sells it for over $200, even my favorite LiveAquaria sold it to me for $150 when I last owned this fish.

I really really really really really really really really hate this store, being able to replace my fish when they die with such ease and minor expense is terrible.

QT for 3 weeks and my 120 will have way too many fish to write about bc some will criticize me.

Last edited by a moderator:

sunny

Advanced Reefer
Price is not always the thing. The quality and selection of live stock is also important. They seem to have a good selection at a decent price. This is why I want to go see this store.

However, I am glad I decided not to go today. Sounds like it was fairly crazy out there :D.

I will take the drive one of these days for sure.

Sunny

Central Aquariums Corp.

Maxreefaquatics.com
In regards to the number system. Due to the massive turnout of our customers, unfortunataly it was hard to keep track. We do apologize to the customers that did not receive service based on their numbers. We will definitely work on a better number system on our next event.

d5332

Advanced Reefer
Based on the selection of fish that you have in your pictures you like super high end fish, today was prob not your day, all super high end fish were purchased by 2 ppl. One person spent $1800 and the other over $2k (stores).

What I have learned from Maximum Reef Aquatics Management is that they will help you make this hobby affordable and their quality is fine, way above any ground level home shop, real store, real management and insane prices and they work with you, each and every single time.

Price is not always the thing. The quality and selection of live stock is also important. They seem to have a good selection at a decent price. This is why I want to go see this store.

However, I am glad I decided not to go today. Sounds like it was fairly crazy out there :D.

I will take the drive one of these days for sure.

Sunny

d5332

Advanced Reefer
The number system was fine.

Maybe adding more staff to move the line along would help BUT I give a huge applause to you guys ITS BLACK FRIDAY!!!!!! Black Friday is always insane.

What slowed down the line significantly was customers buying in bulk which is fine bc the point is to sell, your prices are so low always that you can make it up to some of us next week or the week after or the week after or the week after or the week after.

My wife was talking to your partners wife over at cash register and she was speaking wonders of you guys, how late you guys worked to order, pickup, acclimate, reprice and so on.

Like I said, It's black Friday, stop the criticizing and just go next week and Max Reef Aqua will make it up to you.

In regards to the number system. Due to the massive turnout of our customers, unfortunataly it was hard to keep track. We do apologize to the customers that did not receive service based on their numbers. We will definitely work on a better number system on our next event.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: