Status
Not open for further replies.

Dace

Advanced Reefer
What are you talking about guy? This incident was occuring right as i was waiting to pay for the fish. The gentleman of middle eastern descent was furious and even asked the owner if he was going to reimburse him for the tolls and travel fees if he came back on Sunday (sarcastically). Im not sure what you would expect me to question the customer was pretty vocal and not shy about laying things out. And the reason I mentioned this FACT was because it was part of my experience there. I was pretty uncomfortable standing behind a guy who was visibly upset because he had spent time and money traveling to buy a fish which was supposed to be held for him but was subsequently sold prior to his arrival.

Oh and Dace please don't PM me again asking me to call you so we can meet and discuss this issue. Lol
I thought you said we were meeting at Peter Luger

cthoughts1

Advanced Reefer
I'm pretty sure I said my time was valuable and I'd consider meeting you to discuss whatever was bothering you if you'd pay for lunch at Peter Lugers.

I understand your point about people flaking, and not holding things for people as a vendor. At the same time I'd hope you wouldn't promise to hold things and then sell it on a customer before they arrived when you were a vendor.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
personally if i was making a long drive to get something id call before i left to make sure it was still there, no different them dealing with any members on here...

as far as maximum goes, ive been dealing with them literally since grand opening in there old store lol me and albano was one of the first MR members there,
ive never had a bad experiance there personally. yes ivan was great to deal with, but ive never had a issue with any other employee's who have helped me, there cashier is a sweet heart and always nice...
do i think he could have handled you a little different ? yes... would i have dropped the price to the $18, more then likely.... but even with seeing prices on the tanks i still ask price, and usually would get a little better price then marked, but im special like that...if ive had several good experiances, would one not so good turn me away ? well maybe, depends on the situation. would i make a thread bashing them ? more then likely not, just wouldnt do business with them anymore... and if friends brought store up to me i would give them my opinion.... and tell them find out for themselves....

now in refferance to dace,, if i would have been there and seen a vendor buying a ton of fish on the black friday i would have screamed foul and went to the owner, and definately would have fronted them out on here, and more so if i ever seen a thread of them selling any of the fish or corals... but thats just me....

at the end of the day, they still have the best prices on fish and coral period and always have clean and healthy tanks

NanoAquatic

Advanced Reefer
How do you get a dude like Eddie upset? I didn't think this was possible. I've dealt with him so many times without any problems.

With that said though, low prices doesn't mean you make more money by selling more. Demand has gone down drastically whether you sell it cheap or expensive. Fish and corals prices went up with some suppliers due to gas prices on imports and problems with the coral reef globally. You also have to think about the losses they get during their shipment and even once they are in the store's tank. Initially the mentality is to sell it cheap and in large amounts, but once you're in the business you learn that there is more loss in that method than gain. Just letting you guys know :)

Not honoring the listed price is wrong. Though it's not an excuse, I'm sure the owner or whoever it was, was frustrated maintaining his business. It's a lot of work to keep one tank healthy as you all well know, but just think how many fish the owner has to keep healthy. It's hard times guys, let's try to understand each other a little bit more :D

Last edited:

Dace

Advanced Reefer
cthoughts1;1284699 said:
At the same time I'd hope you wouldn't promise to hold things and then sell it on a customer before they arrived when you were a vendor.

You can start a thread on it. You won't find one. Everyone who has dealt with me knows i would do anything to make the customer happy. Even replacing there purchase for free if need be.

Last edited by a moderator:

nellynel21

Advanced Reefer
So what happens now ?? We get nothing by crying , I personally still wanna see this store cause my boy Kenny said it was a good place and he never steered me wrong !! Could the store have been going through a tuff day??

You should go and visit ... Staff are very nice!!
Prices are the best
This Sunday they receiving 180 acro and going to sale them for $20:Yikes:

Dace

Advanced Reefer
You can start a thread on it. You won't find one. Everyone who has dealt with me knows i would do anything to make the customer happy. Even replacing there purchase for free if need be.

Alfie, thanks for fixing the quote.

nellynel21

Advanced Reefer
Yes Mr. Lawyer. And was this a fact as well.

Did you question the customer to the point that you would consider this an actual fact as well.
Couldn't you just post your factual incident.
Or was this your friend too.
You state your friend sells hippos for 15.00. Does he really. Where.
Does he sell it at that price to everyone, Or just you cause your his friend.
Does this happen to be the friend you were defending last time when i never even mention who it was.
Have you ever been a vendor.
Do you know that if i held every piece of coral or fish i ever sold to ppl that stated they wanted me to hold it for them,I'd need a warehouse to house them now.
That's why i never ask someone to hold something for me and if i did i'd pay for it before i go to get it. If i paid and had that situation then i would really be pissed.

Lmaoooo MR LAWYER

THIS GUY (gthoughts1)IS SO NOISY AND RUDE ,all up in other people business DAMM,,,is this what you do !!go to other business and then bash them in FORUM!!!
IM THE GUY THAT WAS TALKING WITH RALF ABOUT THE FISH LMAOOOOO ....AN NO IM NOT HIS FRIEND LMAOOOO
THIS POST IS SO FUNNY
I WAS NOT CRYING BECAUSE THEY SOLD THE FISH BY MISTAKE OR CAME HEAR TO MR TO BASH THE Sxxx OUT MAXIMUM REEF BECAUSE THEY SOLD MY MASKED ANGELS LMAO, and yes (gthoughts1)they still going to get me a second pair because talking come to a conclusion :tongue1:

I BEEN GOING TO MAXIMUM REEF SINCE THEY OPEN STAFF ARE VERY RESPONSIBLE AND TAKE CARE EVERY CLIENT IN A HIGHLY MANNERS !!!
I SAW WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS GUY AND IT WAS SOMETHING THAT COULD BE SOLVE BY SAY WAS THE DEAL BECAUSE WE BOTH CONFUSE WITH THE PRICE AND TRUST ME RALF WILL COME WITH A DEAL AND BOTH SIDE BE HAPPY ..

THIS HAPPENED TO ME IN MANHATTAN AQUARIUM still going AND ALSO in HOUSE OF FINS still going, THEY HAD A PRICE ON THE TANK BUT THEY CONSIDER IT WAS THE OLD PRICE BECAUSE THEY WERE ADDING NEW FISHES TO THE SYSTEM..THE SAME THING HAPPENED HEAR IN MAXIMUM REEF ,RALF WORKING BY HIMSELF AND TAKING CARE COSTUMER AT THE SAME TIME, THE EMPLOYED THAT PACK THE HIPPO WORK IN THE BASEMENT BUILDING SUMP SO HE BARELY KNOWS WHAT'S GOING ON ON THE FISH AND CORALS SECTION,HE WAS GIVING A HAND TO RALF....

LMAOOO MR LAWYER LMAAOOOOOO

For THE PEOPLE THAT STILL WANT TO VISIT!! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM TO GO AND JUDGE FOR YOURSELF to any LFS in the tri-state
DON'T LET NO ONE TAKE YOUR DECISION BY READING THE ANGER OF JUST WHAT HAPPEND BECAUSE A MISUNDERSTAND,! IS WHAT IT IS $18, $25, tow, gas, $7 ,owner ,Ivan,client,
Is not going to change my mind of going to a place and see and judge in my own opinion or words !!!!:funnypost:biglaugh:

SUNDAY 180+ acro for $20 I'm IN

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Lmaoooo MR LAWYER

THIS GUY (gthoughts1)IS SO NOISY AND RUDE ,all up in other people business DAMM,,,is this what you do !!go to other business and then bash them in FORUM!!!
IM THE GUY THAT WAS TALKING WITH RALF ABOUT THE FISH LMAOOOOO ....AN NO IM NOT HIS FRIEND LMAOOOO
THIS POST IS SO FUNNY
I WAS NOT CRYING BECAUSE THEY SOLD THE FISH BY MISTAKE OR CAME HEAR TO MR TO BASH THE **** OUT MAXIMUM REEF BECAUSE THEY SOLD MY MASKED ANGELS LMAO, and yes (gthoughts1)they still going to get me a second pair because talking come to a conclusion :tongue1:

I BEEN GOING TO MAXIMUM REEF SINCE THEY OPEN STAFF ARE VERY RESPONSIBLE AND TAKE CARE EVERY CLIENT IN A HIGHLY MANNERS !!!
I SAW WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS GUY AND IT WAS SOMETHING THAT COULD BE SOLVE BY SAY WAS THE DEAL BECAUSE WE BOTH CONFUSE WITH THE PRICE AND TRUST ME RALF WILL COME WITH A DEAL AND BOTH SIDE BE HAPPY ..

THIS HAPPENED TO ME IN MANHATTAN AQUARIUM still going AND ALSO in HOUSE OF FINS still going, THEY HAD A PRICE ON THE TANK BUT THEY CONSIDER IT WAS THE OLD PRICE BECAUSE THEY WERE ADDING NEW FISHES TO THE SYSTEM..THE SAME THING HAPPENED HEAR IN MAXIMUM REEF ,RALF WORKING BY HIMSELF AND TAKING CARE COSTUMER AT THE SAME TIME, THE EMPLOYED THAT PACK THE HIPPO WORK IN THE BASEMENT BUILDING SUMP SO HE BARELY KNOWS WHAT'S GOING ON ON THE FISH AND CORALS SECTION,HE WAS GIVING A HAND TO RALF....

LMAOOO MR LAWYER LMAAOOOOOO

For THE PEOPLE THAT STILL WANT TO VISIT!! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM TO GO AND JUDGE FOR YOURSELF to any LFS in the tri-state
DON'T LET NO ONE TAKE YOUR DECISION BY READING THE ANGER OF JUST WHAT HAPPEND BECAUSE A MISUNDERSTAND,! IS WHAT IT IS $18, $25, tow, gas, $7 ,owner ,Ivan,client,
Is not going to change my mind of going to a place and see and judge in my own opinion or words !!!!:funnypost:biglaugh:

SUNDAY 180+ acro for $20 I'm IN

Wow Cthoughts, If this is really the guy you saw at the store its not looking good for you right now,
Remember this quote
Cthoughts
I was bothered by your post because your post made assumptions

And as you can see, i'm still giving you the benefit of the doubt.

artie1209

Advanced Reefer

Wow A few weeks ago this was the best store ever and they were walking onwater. Now they are the scourge of the earth!!! All this over a few bucks.First I would like to say that I have never had a bad experience with any oneat Max Reef. Not that anyone cares but they opened the Mount Vernon Store with3 partners. One partner has left since moving to Yonkers word has it that thesecond one is may be leaving as well. Ivana very trusted and hardworking employee had to leave for personal reasons. Sonow Ralph has been running the show, Max Reef was fortunate enough to findAnthony to help. Anyone here knows it is very hard to find great help. Ralph isone of the nicest men you will ever meet, which is the truth. I don't like toget into these discussions but this is turning this into a bashing and that isjust wrong. There is blood in the water and here are the sharks. Sorry to hearthat someone had to wait 10 minutes or a fish was mismarked. Things go wrongwhen dealing with the public and running a business. Last month you all loved theplace...cut the guy some slack and stop piling on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: