JuanSalgado

Advanced Reefer
I think The Bronx Is A Great Move For The Business I Know So Many Saltwater Owners In The Bronx & ain't scare to spend the money so they will be happy with the prices they will be getting for fish now with MR coming to their area. It's even closer for people that live in Manhattan.

oh207

Advanced Reefer
Apex Freak
I've always thought of Yonkers as a part of the Bronx...I hope that I don't upset anyone by saying that...but common, they're like the sixth borough!
Does the physical address really makes the store? I don't think so...I'm looking forward to going back soon to take advantage of the great deals.

I bought a beautiful regal angelfish today from max reef for 85 dollars. The thing is 5 inches and fat. Unreal pricing and the most helpful and knowledgable staff I've encountered yet. Special Thanks to the staff today for hooking me and my dad up! We'll be back next week.
Ps- you guys should think about opening in the Whitestone bayside area because there are no good stores here.

Rob&Gab

Advanced Reefer
I bought a beautiful regal angelfish today from max reef for 85 dollars. The thing is 5 inches and fat. Unreal pricing and the most helpful and knowledgable staff I've encountered yet. Special Thanks to the staff today for hooking me and my dad up! We'll be back next week.
Ps- you guys should think about opening in the Whitestone bayside area because there are no good stores here.

lol telll me about it! they so need too.

coralcruze

Advanced Reefer
love this place however, pricing has been ok on fish but some corals are more than other places, namely SPS colonies and even LPS colonies as well. The only thing they are missing the boat on is setting up a frag tank. although they have some frags thier sps frags is non existant.

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Been with MR since Mt Vernon store. Just before Ralph move to Yonkers. He's little store was starting to get popular. But Ralph had a store in New Rochelle few years back. Store just didn't make it for a few reason. Now I hear a store in the Bronx. But heard it was going to be just for wholesale. So I don't know if its going to be open to public. I think it might be a mistake for other store. Simply because MR is 90% fish . Now is going to do upgrade in coral. Which seems to be going in right direction. Still lacking in some brand name supply in stock. But can order if you need to. There's no place that sells fish as cheap and healthy as MR. Also a new name to come. Location is key to successful store. Westchester had a lot more pet stores years ago before saltwater was big. Now that Petsmart and Petco moved in. Your local LFS are almost gone. Yet only one carries saltwater fish which is very small and unhealthy. Used to be Pet discount which disappear from Westchester. Which had saltwater section. So the question is if it's wholesale or not. MR will be doing business against is own stores. If he don't do frags which is where the hobby is at. People just don't want to spend a lot a money on colony that might not make it. Rather lose $15 -$30 on frag. Bronx location is a good location. For one renting a store might be cheaper. But parking in the Bronx is a problem. I guess we can wait and see what Ralph does. Best of luck to Ralph and will always support his store.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: