piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
I heard about this two weeks ago that SPS coral tanks might of gotten dosed. Ralph has cameras now on the tanks. If this is something new or another innocent. I don't know. But I mention to workers there that they are making acrylic tanks and strong order of glue and chemicals may play a role. Which in fact can effect Ph and kill SPS. I smelled it right in same area where coral tanks are. Is it possible someone dosed. Yes, but heavy fumes of chemicals can also kill SPS. They are making a lot of acrylic tanks the past few weeks. So I hope they do both by watching the tanks and heavy chemical fumes too. Hope this is the reason. Because if someone did dose it's a matter of time this person will get caught. Simply this kind of act would not only hurt someone business. But hurt all of us who loves the hobby and supporting one of the best LFS.

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
They did a testing of the water and it was loaded with copper. So someone most likely throw some into the tank.

This is the first time that it has happen at a LFS, as there have been a number of other stores that have had the same problem. This has led to cameras being installed and tanks setup so there is no, or limited, access by people.

jr973

Advanced Reefer
my guess the culprit was either a disgruntled employee or a sour lfs that is feeling the squeeze in business due to central aquariums crazy low prices

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
They are a lot of haters out there. I didn't hear about copper. If so does heavy chemicals odor put metal in water? I don't know the answer to that one. If this is they first time they got dose. While other LFS got hit in past makes a connection with this store. That doesn't make sense to me. Reason they is no other LFS near him. We can look at other reasons better than that one. Start with x workers, x partners, and so on . Good for cameras and hope the loser gets caught.

nellynel21

Advanced Reefer
Copper in the system !!!Tested by me!!!
Chemical Odor been dealing since day one also in maxreef ..
If it was because the chemical we will not have any fish or corals in the system ..
Shame to the person that did this to us !!!!
What you get back from this not even a smile in your face...
We still keeping our head up and coming stronger then ever
Thanks
Black Friday coming soon!!!!!

thefuz

Experienced Reefer
This is the same thing that happened at a store in CT a while back. In that case I believe the guy was noticed but the deed was already done. People are unscrupulous f*cking animals.

Sorry for your loss, guys. Wish there were more we could do (other than some heavy shopping in the near future - we're IN on that!).

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: