Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Chat Stores Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2017, 11:05 AM
Reefer Ratings: (19 (100%)
Friends: (9)
Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEL View Post
my tank is only a 50g, and I'm in a 1 bedroom apartment, so i can't buy big amounts of anything because theres no where to store it hahaha. I'm good with the 64oz bottles. but thanks for the tips.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Im with you,, I bought Red Sea's powder mix thinking I was saving,, then I had to buy containers to mix everything,, deal with the fact that chemicals get really hot when you mix them and it was more problems than it was worth. Back to ESV and never looking back
Old 02-13-2017, 06:01 PM
Reefer Ratings: (4 (100%)
Friends: (7)
Send a Private Message
Del, I can understand you have no room. They sell quarts and gallons already made up.. With all the stuff to buy in this hobby. One must start thinking the cost. Buying 8 gals of Alk and 8 gals of Cal. Cost for ESV say $20 a gal would be $320 for 16 gallons together. Where SR would be $30. It's pharmaceutical grade all same stuff. Some people might have to buy Magnesium and see the price ESV charges for epsom salt. No looking back in my pockets.. Especally when the result will be same. ESV is a good product, I just can't pay $20 a gallon. When it's costing them $3 to make or cost you to buy baking soda at store....