Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Chat Stores Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2018, 07:48 AM
Reefer Ratings: (63 (100%)
Friends: (41)
Send a Private Message
Also like someone else was asking u about if u reused the and.def try and not resuse it that's probally y u lost our corals
Old 04-04-2018, 12:34 PM
Reefer Ratings: (7 (100%)
Friends: (1)
Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliethetuna88 View Post
I fed hear u with the having to move fast my 300 gallon leaked on me .I had to run out and get a temp 180 so I can transfer my fish and corals over ...was a mess ..
Ouch !!!! Hopefully your casualties were minimal seems like I’m losing everything but my finger leather and acans
Old 04-04-2018, 12:50 PM
Reefer Ratings: (7 (100%)
Friends: (1)
Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliethetuna88 View Post
Also like someone else was asking u about if u reused the and.def try and not resuse it that's probally y u lost our corals
Actually I emptied the water filtered through a sock into a 40g and a garbage container it was very clean , set up the new tank layered the bottom with one bag of new sand and returned it all rock, ran the tank for a minute and then transfered corals over to the new tank without disturbing anything

Oh shoot was I supposed to acclimate the corals to the new tank even if It was a quick transfer with the temp the same and using the current water? Ah Im all out have to wait this thing out or empty and start all over

Kind of wish I started the tank over and put my corals from the leaking tank over into a holding tank cause I wouldn’t have had all this happen....... miss my sticks and gonna have to start over they were growing nicely and coloring was great