Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Chat Stores Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2019, 04:49 PM
Teacher
Reefer Ratings: (1 (100%)
Friends: (4)
Send a Private Message
Last year we had 1312 people in attendance for the day, which was up from the 1130 that we had the year before. The amazing thing is that we had a terrible storm all around us last year, with wind/snow/etc... and still had over 1300 people!

I agree it more than just finding a bargain coral (although you will certainly find it there, and then some...). The FFM started as a "typical" small swap, with a few guys with tanks selling corals. It has grown into a beast of a show. I think that the big shows, RAP, MACNA, etc... do a great job but it still has a "conference" feel to it. The FFM is run at the school, in the classrooms, by myself and my students- it is a completely different thing than any other show. I am not in it to make money, just to support my school program- so it is still just $5 to get in and have access to the whole thing. The vendors pay next to nothing to set up. I just want it to be the best show that I can. I put the whole thing together myself, with a little help from a few friends and my students.

I also get that it is a 2 hour ride from the city to get up here but ask anyone from your neck of the woods who has come up if it was worth it. When someone makes the trip up, they always come back the next year. I always make the argument that you would drive an hour to go see a great shop, why not drive 2 or 3 to see ~80 great shops, all in one place. There are more coral vendors at the FFM, than at any other show. Why not come see what all the buzz is about?
Old 02-10-2019, 05:08 PM
RM Staff:  - Issue reason:  
Reefer Ratings: (36 (97%)
Friends: (41)
Send a Private Message
Always a great event and it gets better every year. Well worth the drive for those who haven't made it up there yet. Jon and his crew do an amazing job.
Old 02-10-2019, 10:42 PM
in the coral sea...
Reefer Ratings: (47 (100%)
Friends: (19)
Send a Private Message My Facebook View Josh's Twitter Profile
This is always a great event.
Old 02-11-2019, 08:41 PM
Teacher
Send a Private Message
Thanks for the good word. I appreciate it. See you guys up at the FFM!
Old 02-17-2019, 10:53 AM
Teacher
Send a Private Message
Less than 2 weeks to go before the biggest single day show in the US- just a short drive away!
Old 02-17-2019, 05:57 PM
Reefer Ratings: (4 (100%)
Friends: (7)
Send a Private Message
Last year I didn't get to go for two reason. One was the bad weather. Second the Tank wasn't fully mature enough. Which was the real reason. I'm dying to go to get some SPS. It definitely the place to get a variety at good price. So far weather doesn't look to good. But I'm getting exciting looking for 2 hour drive.
Old 02-18-2019, 09:32 AM
Teacher
Send a Private Message
We are WAY out from that weekend. I'll worry about the weather when we get closer- fingers crossed!
Old 02-20-2019, 06:51 AM
Teacher
Send a Private Message

Here is the map for the day (as of now...)
Old 02-20-2019, 09:16 AM
Reefer Ratings: (4 (100%)
Friends: (0)
Send a Private Message
Rounding up the last of the sticks, softies and nems I will be bringing. Who's is ready for a great show!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Old 02-24-2019, 07:38 PM
Teacher
Send a Private Message

The eye candy that is being posted up in the FB group has been CRAZY. I can't seem to convince the vendors to post here so here is a sampling of what has been posted there by sellers at the FFM to show off what they are bringing...
Less than a week to go, 100+ vendors, not a show to miss!!!