alrha

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
all i know is that i'm washing my hands before i put them in my tank in case i caught any from you at lunch... :joke:
if there is anything we can do to help, let us know...

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
alrha said:
all i know is that i'm washing my hands before i put them in my tank in case i caught any from you at lunch... :joke:
if there is anything we can do to help, let us know...

I'm pretty sure I've not been infected. To be safe I will bathe in coral pro cure and use a loofa to get any eggs off. :bablefish
You better do the same now as well, sorry Al :irked:

Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Hey J,

You should try and pick up 2 Iridus Wrasse. They eat acro eating flatworms. They are in stock now at some retailers and they are cheap.

Kasei

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Pseudo said:
Hey J,

You should try and pick up 2 Iridus Wrasse. They eat acro eating flatworms. They are in stock now at some retailers and they are cheap.

Kasei

I will, but first I have to get the evil pseudochromis out of my tank, and his sidekick the yellow tailed biatch of a damsel.

spykes

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
another month of those worms your tank would'be been a grave yard. BTW no one is certain about the lifespan of these AWFWs without acros in the tank. Mshur said serveral guys in europe has redetected a infestation after 3 years of no new corals. Wrasses and other critters has possibly put them in check.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I just dipped some of the corals that had the worms on them before.

they all came up negative. I still plan on dipping all the arco's this weekend, but I feel better now that they have not re-appeared.

mshur

Rating - 99.3%
294   2   1
Jonathan,
they came back 6 weeks later on one of my milli.. so keep ur eyes on previos enfected corals. did u cut base off on them?

mike

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
worm update

I dipped the one acro colony that is in the holding tank I set up.

It's the only one that I saw any worms on when I dipped all the corals
before placing them back in the main tank ( I should say the only one that survived)

I had no idea what to expect because when I dipped the first time I saw worms and no eggs. however I left the base on the coral.

Well there were three worms that came off during the dip. Again I could not find any eggs so I will be cutting the base off the coral and placing it back into the holding tank with all the anthelia and aptasia.

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Herm,

Interesting - so my take (and Jhale, sorry for the infestation again- that sucks) is that it is possible to have a QT tank plumed into your main display? So you can treat, observe and reintroduce into the display from the QT - this seems like a feasible solution.

This is an intresting proposition and possible for many, but not for all.

Hmmmm, where to go with this.

House

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Jim this was an old thread I bumped up so Matt could look at the pics, I have no worms :)

But the question of the in line QT is interesting. I think a QT should be separate from the main tank. If you did connect it to the sump I would have a UV filter on the return line and a filter sock at the end of it. that sock better get changed often and inspected, it would be a shame to have a nasty worm make it from the QT to the display tank.

Last edited by a moderator:

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Jim this was an old thread I bumped up so Matt could look at the pics, I have no worms :)

But the question of the in line QT is interesting. I think a QT should be separate from the main tank. If you did connect it to the sump I would have a UV filter on the return line and a filter sock at the end of it. that sock better get changed often and inspected, it would be a shame to have a nasty worm make it from the QT to the display tank.

Whoops sorry about that - I thought this was a new thread - my bad! Gad to hear you don't have those fokkers for 8 months now.

This is still a good re-read :)

Makes me think hard as we progress with sps propagation system.

J

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: