If you kept sps under T5z, what was your experience?

• I have kept sps under t5z successfuly.

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • I have kept sps under t5z, BAD IDEA!!!

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I think its possible. Never tried it.

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • I dont think its possible. NEVER tried it.

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters

lunner

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
I have been keeping SPS for over 5 months under T5s now. Check out my post: http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/general-discussion/22455-progress-9-06-2-07-a.html

Also my Gallery : http://www.manhattanreefs.com/gallery/browseimages.php?c=3&userid=1009

DSC00495.JPG

DSC00461.JPG

lunner

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
The tank is about 5-6 months old. Most SPSs been in there for about 4-5 months. Keep in mind the pics were taken from a camera phone...

Teks T5 4x54W w/ icecap reflectors
Geiseman T5s:
Actinic +
Aquablue +
Midday 6000k
Actinic +

drperetz

No more big tanks
Rating - 100%
30   0   0

:scratch: My next goal is to place only 1 actinic in the front and threst will be aquablue midday and 10000k(dont know the name). I want to get more growth out of my light I love t5z but feel like something IS missing.

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
I just don't think you get the corals to color up the way you do with MH. Perhaps it's PO4, maybe lack of UV, whatever it is I've never seen sps look great like they do under MH.

so how many tanks have you seen in person with T5's? I just want to know what you're basing your experience on.

I can probably say the same exact opposite statement about MH
I've seen more tanks with corals that dont look too healthy in MH, then I have with T5's, simply because I haven't seen that many tanks with T5's myself

It can also be the type of coral, each type of coral can react differently to different lighting, as well as the type of bulbs, and combination of bulbs, the amount of food fed to the tank in general, how much they skim out, etc

Its generally assumed that a 20k bulb will give you mroe color then a 10k, for most MH bulbs anyways
People are still experimenting with the different combination of bulbs with T5's

Last edited:

loismustdie

chicks dig beckett men
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Playing devils advocate here... Wes, you have not shown a single pic which demonstrated color or growth in your tank (yet you frequently boast it), and now you are talking people into these bulbs?
Damn, I can show color and growth and I don't try to push any products. I push techniques.

Last edited:

drperetz

No more big tanks
Rating - 100%
30   0   0

guys, U speake of growth but dont include ur water parameters.....?

I am sure that the light doesnt make any difference in growth if our water has crazy phosphates and nitrates, wrong salinity, etc.........:bagfish:

also I am getting rid of my actinics and gonna have only aquablue + and middays in my fixture to experiment on growth......

Last edited:

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Playing devils advocate here... Wes, you have not shown a single pic which demonstrated color or growth in your tank (yet you frequently boast it), and now you are talking people into these bulbs?
Damn, I can show color and growth and I don't try to push any products. I push techniques.

did u see page 4?

i don't really care if people buy them or not, just saying what i like...None of my techniques changed and when i switched bulbs i saw improvement. Just my opinion everyone is entitled.

Check that, my colors got pretty shitty as of late when i started using GFO, but that's a whole other story.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: