Rating - 100%
90   0   0
I have this one, and while it is not super powerful, it is the best for quick precision cuts. Also the charging station is really nice, you can put it right next to the tank for convenience:

r02040v3.jpg

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
+1

We beat ours up unmercifully. Because of the frequency we use ours, we do go through one or two per year due to rust (saltwater is a killer), but definitely not after one or two uses.

Russ
Russ, i hear you but i think 1- 2 machines per year is too frequent for a $70-$90 Dremel machine, unless you guys submerge the damn thing into saltwater which i dout very much.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Russ, i hear you but i think 1- 2 machines per year is too frequent for a $70-$90 Dremel machine, unless you guys submerge the damn thing into saltwater which i dout very much.

We would go through one or two RZ1's or Dremels or any other rotary tool that fast. We frag various coral every single week. The saltwater gets into places it is IMPOSSIBLE to dry and clean. The saltwater just eats away at any tool you use. The rust eventually binds the bearings, collett, springs, and everything else inside. BTW, we use the cheapest Dremel on the market because all the rotary tools will have the same lifespan for us, short. Dremel continually comes out with different models, so they always discontinue and clearance their older models. That's what we use.

Glad to hear yours works for you. Never said it wouldn't. As far as fragging efficiency, the Dremel is a better choice, for us. The size of the RZ1 compared to the Dremel just makes it much less ergonomic.

Russ

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: