DREUTZ

Reefs R Madness!
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
What is the best way to remove a spaghetti (i think) leather from LR? Taking the rock out and breaking that piece off is out of the question because the rock holds up the whole structure. If i was to cut the leather at the base would it release toxins into the water column? The reason for removing is that it is getting very close to few other corals and I'm worried it will nuke the surrounding corals soon.

seldin

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
94   0   0
There are some toxins released when cutting a leather. However, it should be minor. I would not worry about it. The leather being cut will close it's polyps and may sulk for a few days, but leathers are usually very hardy.

seldin

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
94   0   0
One side note. I had a beautiful Devil's hand. Only problem, was that it kept growing and growing. I later found out, that you can just trim the leather with a scissor and rather than relocate him, I just could trim it, and it would look fine in a short time.

TonyHNY

Back from a break
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
You can post something on the marketplace and sell the frags to someone. I bought a devils's hand and some leather from someone on MR and they just trimmed it fresh.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: