Fishinizer

Advanced Reefer
I got some indo mariculture sps won’t name the joint ..they began to show signs of getting eaten before I knew it all the sps in that tank where gone the only new things per intro are these strange tiny snails and strange worms that have popped up all over . Any advice on getting them out or if they eat coral?scared they are growing so fast and rapidly . Things where not cheap either thank god for the quarantine cube .... parameters are fine even lps are starting to not extend ughhh snail has long tubes and bright colors on the insides and when fully grown never seen it before same with these worms ...
B9930885-8536-4B71-98EB-CFEEFD29AE5B.jpeg
4CD0E09B-7F21-44B4-9141-94DA75C608B2.jpeg
F7F4A36F-EF91-48DF-93BD-D335AABE36CD.png
C1E3C2EF-794F-4B09-9A68-34C9CC7C9749.png
B9930885-8536-4B71-98EB-CFEEFD29AE5B.jpeg
4CD0E09B-7F21-44B4-9141-94DA75C608B2.jpeg
F7F4A36F-EF91-48DF-93BD-D335AABE36CD.png
C1E3C2EF-794F-4B09-9A68-34C9CC7C9749.png

Last edited:

Caseyoidae

Experienced Reefer
How long did it take for other Sps to start dying after you added the new ones? Can you see any other pests? Tiny worms around the dead Acro tissue? Most pests would take at least days if not much longer to spread and do serious damage

Fishinizer

Advanced Reefer
How long did it take for other Sps to start dying after you added the new ones? Can you see any other pests? Tiny worms around the dead Acro tissue? Most pests would take at least days if not much longer to spread and do serious damage
They rest went right after the mariculture's died probably a swing after such massive deaths in a tiny cube yes I agree , but the tank is in constant irritation with these things always stealing there food or crawling on them even the zoos are being bothered ?, I noticed dead spots and they bleached from the base to the tips in rows or strips which in my history was usually a pest thing ,they are on every piece of rock I look at , and I’ve never seen a snail this size or one with a tube coming out almost looks like a baby conch there all in the refuge section now so I can see what they grow into . It’s been a few weeks since this skeletons are out the water etc not a single sps standing sadly

Red planaria (flatworms) imo wont harm any corals. If you have Acro eating flatworms they will be brown clear and almost impossible to see. You will mention white circular bite marks on your sps and they wont bother any other corals as you mentioned lps and softies are also closed. You should really start with your parameters Alk. Cal mag phos to start.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: