BellaGabriella

Pretty Perfectionist
Ok, I just wanna start off by saying I generally love coral theory. I've always had very generous eager to please customer service, love the people who usually help me. The place is far from me especially with Long Island to bk traffic but it's been worth the trip and I never left unhappy.
With that said i have to express my horrible experience today because I'm pretty much in shock.
When I entered I got no greeting what so ever, not even an acknowledgment someone was in the store till I spoke up. There were about 3 acro colonies in one of the shallow tanks, few acans, some rics and a large monti cap in other tanks I was interested in. Employee did not know pricing, refused to frag anything, got upset when I asked if he could call someone who would know pricing and give permission to frag anything, or even take note of what I was interested in to relay a message. Why are you aloud to work if you can't help a customer? I'm very confused and unhappy. That left an incredibly bad taste in my mouth, don't think I'll be going out of my way to travel there anymore. I even walked out after getting attitude and rob went back to plead with him to call someone cuz he saw I was upset at the wasted trip and the employee said "he's not calling his boss for any reason at all and to come back in a hour maybe someone different could help us then". How are u going to turn down money? I really just am baffled.

Nandez13

Advanced Reefer
Surprising. May have just been a new person. I've always had a good experience there.

There's been times when they don't get up to greet u right away but I think it just gives the customer some time to wander around and see what they have before they approach you. I kinda prefer that

oh207

Advanced Reefer
Apex Freak
Wow. Very bad customer service and not to mention bad conduct for business too.
I can think of 3-4 great fish stores on the Island that you've pass on your way out to Coral theory!

Rob&Gab

Advanced Reefer
it deff was not a new guy ive seen him there months ago. he had maybe black hair forget if it was spiked or slicked back. was very very rude to me. Was really ticking me off telling me hes not bothering vance or vince forget his name (SORRY BUD), or the owner cause its there day off.... how dare you say that type of thing to a person trying to spend money in the store.... i was in such a outrage i held my self back from saying anything ******ed... so i just bit my lip and walked out after i tried to ask him to call almost 6 times before he rolled his eyes at me then called a number went to voice mail 2 times within 3 minutes..

the guy Really ticked me off.... to top it off........... here is the funny part witch really made me wanna say something dumb to him...

HE TOLD ME HE WOULD NORMALLY CALL THE OWNER OR VANCE>>>>>.<<<<<

BUT TODAY HE DOES NOT WANT TO BOTHER THEM... WTHHHHHHHH DUDE YOU NEED TO BE FIRED OR SOMETHING OR MAYBE LEARN COSTUMER SERVICE BETTER....

was in such a rage at this point... like he didn't even say can i take your name and number and maybe when my boss comes in ill let him know what you guys wanted and they can work something out with you...... like really man.. if you would have done that it would have been 10x better but you took it upon your self to just say NONONONONONONONONO. this is just nuts.

the way your employee acted today reflected on us coming back for a while.. we have not been there in like 4-5months ive been begging GAB to go there for the past months on out... and today.... this had to just happen... so upset with this employee. .. i love coral theory, but this guy today, who ever was on shift at 12pm on APRIL,27th 2014 needs to either be spoken to and told he needs dare not to do that to your business again or something..

Last edited:

Coral Theory

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Hello,

This is Vince, one of the two owners of the store.

Rob & Gab: First and foremost, I would like to sincerely apologize for the poor experience you went through with us today; especially because it's always a pleasure to see you guys.

The way my employee acted towards you is simply inexcusable and certainly not the type of customer service we offer at the store. I will be taking appropriate measures to fully address the issue at hand with the individual to ensure that an incident such as this never occurs again.

When I started off as a hobbyist, I visited as many LFS as possible, as often as possible. In between all the good experiences I had at most LFS, I still remember all the bad experiences I had at certain ones and how distasteful such experiences can be. With that in mind, it was our mission to make sure all customers felt welcome walking in and left feeling happy when we opened our store. We failed to do that today and again, I sincerely apologize.

Ultimately, the biggest fault lies with us, the owners, for not having clear pricing available and being inaccessible. We will take everything said to heart and do our best to continue improving our services to serve you guys better. We have no excuse but to thank you for the honest feedback and hope that you guys will give us another chance to make it up to you.

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
I have to say that is a very good response. Sometimes people have bad days and sometimes business do as well. I have always had a good experience at Coral Theory and know they work very hard. I hope you can give them another chance and also understand if you don't but knowing that they acknowledge the problem and will work to correct it shows that they care.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Hello,

This is Vince, one of the two owners of the store.

Rob & Gab: First and foremost, I would like to sincerely apologize for the poor experience you went through with us today; especially because it's always a pleasure to see you guys.

The way my employee acted towards you is simply inexcusable and certainly not the type of customer service we offer at the store. I will be taking appropriate measures to fully address the issue at hand with the individual to ensure that an incident such as this never occurs again.

When I started off as a hobbyist, I visited as many LFS as possible, as often as possible. In between all the good experiences I had at most LFS, I still remember all the bad experiences I had at certain ones and how distasteful such experiences can be. With that in mind, it was our mission to make sure all customers felt welcome walking in and left feeling happy when we opened our store. We failed to do that today and again, I sincerely apologize.

Ultimately, the biggest fault lies with us, the owners, for not having clear pricing available and being inaccessible. We will take everything said to heart and do our best to continue improving our services to serve you guys better. We have no excuse but to thank you for the honest feedback and hope that you guys will give us another chance to make it up to you.

Now this is a great reply. Did you take some kind of business ethics course? I try this with my customers but it always comes out like %@#%#&@^ #&^&#*^#&* (^#&#!!!!!!! HAHA LOL:biggrinpa

I'll see you guys today or tomorrow :)

Last edited:
For a moment there, it sounded like Rob and Bella were talking about fishtown USA.... That's how they act there, like you don't exist. You have to beg to get serviced over there. But I'm glad that Vince is taking care of you guys.

Ariel110G

Advanced Reefer
I?m thinking of getting my next 5 or more fish from them, I was told that all there fish are quarantined and dewormed before they go on display and sold is that true?

I have to say I have been there once on a Sunday to check it out and get some frozen food, $40 in food!!! The guy behind the counter was not that friendly but he was ok over all.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: