Status
Not open for further replies.
EDIT: The rock has been taken. (Mods please close thread, thanks.)

My 6G nano sprang a leak this morning and I am giving away the fully cycled live rock that was in the tank.

It is about 10lbs of small pieces originally purchased from Gulf Live Rock in October. There is a lot of macro algae growth on it as well as two hitchhiker clams and a few cup corals.

Right now the rock is in a plastic tub with an air pump bubbler circulating it. Please come pick it up today if possible. I live in Astoria in Queens, NY.

The photo below shows the tank in progress from a while back, a closeup of one of the cup corals, and the rock in the tub right now.

Attachments

• all.jpg
    all.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 199
  • 2015_cup-coral.jpg
    2015_cup-coral.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 197
  • tub3.jpg
    tub3.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:

ZippysFunLand

Experienced Reefer
Hello,

Thats a great photo of the cup coral. I have a few of these cup coral things in my tank and ive been trying to figure out what they are for about a year now.

I did a google search and since the ones in my tank seem to be doing very well in low light spots, they might be some type of tubastraea. Can you tell me where you heard that they are cup corals, or tell me where i can do more reading on them to find info about the clear ones that arent orange?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: