Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
I would love to share some of my prettier zoas. I'm not in to names so I will post pic's of what I am talking about. Depending on interest I will try to have 3 frags of 3 or so polyps.
All I ask is:
1) If I should ever loose mine that you would graciously give me the very next frag you have available.
2) That you share with all others interested in the piece you get from me. Please do not sell them, or trade them.
3) Please post here any updates. For example when you frag, and to who you have given the frag to.

Zoas are pretty easy to care for, especially these. These zoa were among the first I received as gifts from other's here back in Feb.,2007, and have spread quite nicely. They are kept in a mixed reef (mostly lps/softies with a heavy fish load) under 3 - 175 watt 10k with 1 super actinic & 1 white actinic VHO bulbs. I do weekly w/c, and I dose B-Ionics 1 & 2 daily via Aquamedic Duo Doser.

I think their names are as follow:
1st. pic as per scumonkey "Chocolate Mint" they are brown with brown skirts, and mint green centers.
2nd. pic I believe to be "Triple Red" all red - skirt, center & flesh.
I have no idea what the 3rd. one is. sorry

Attachments

• zoas & palys 001_800x450.jpg
    zoas & palys 001_800x450.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 265
  • zoas & palys 010_800x492.jpg
    zoas & palys 010_800x492.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 258
  • zoas & palys 005_751x600.jpg
    zoas & palys 005_751x600.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 292
Last edited:

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Many of us have. It's good to foreground it and formalize it a little though. A lot of good will gets sullied in the rough and tumble world of the MR market place :) LOL.
Absolutely! Guess it is just an unfortunate part of life. I like to think that for every bad apple there 100 good ones.:hug: I know I have been blessed by quite a few here.

tsinkoy

loopy newbie
I'm not quite clear on the DBTC, but do I have to give something to get something?

On the zoas Awilda, do they need to be under MH? I only have T5s.

Thanks.

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
tsinkoy, you don't have to give to receive. What I require is for you to give when they grow out in your set up, and not sell them. And if by some disaster I should loose my little colony I would very much like for you to give me the next available frag.;)
I believe T5 are fine for zoas.

tsinkoy

loopy newbie
Great! In that case Awi, I'll gladly take some from you if you'd like to give it to me. :)

tsinkoy, you don't have to give to receive. What I require is for you to give when they grow out in your set up, and not sell them. And if by some disaster I should loose my little colony I would very much like for you to give me the next available frag.;)
I believe T5 are fine for zoas.

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
They are Brown with mint green centers A friend called them "Chocolate Mint", but I have no idea if that is what they are called.
I am in Far Rockaway! Please let me know when you plan on coming out this way way in advance. I have to frag them, and not sure how long it will take them to heal properly.:(

tsinkoy

loopy newbie
Awilda! Thanks for your hospitality and the frags yesterday! Most of them opened up last night, except for that one zooa frag that was off the rock. Hbopefully things will be better today!

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
It was a total pleasure to make your acquaintance! I had fun with our little talks about back home, and the tanks as well.
Hope all goes well, and you get to really enjoy the frags.
Please let me know if it doesn't open up. Was it that last one you liked in my tank that I scraped off with my finger nail?

And don't forget to post here when they grow enough for you to pass on a frag of them..;) I love sharing with nice people.

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
SWEEEEEEET Is pickup sunday morn a possibility like around 11ish??

That will be OK, as long as you are not late. It's Mother's Day, and I am going in to Manhattan to visit with my MOM!!;)

Don't forget to post back here when it is your turn to pass on some to another reefer.:splitspin

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: