When I first saw the the Don't Break the Chain tab in the drop down menu I quickly dismissed it not knowing what it was. Now that I finally took the time to discover what DBTC is I'm really interested in being apart of it. What I have here is a colony of Whiteish Zoas that I do not know the name of. I have 3 Frags I would like to give away. The first frag has about 6 Polyps, the 2nd only has about 4 Polyps (went a little crazy on the glue..lost a few polyps because of that), and the third frag has about 10+ Polyps..however that frag went MIA this morning. I'm about to redo my rock work so I'll let you guys know if it shows up.

As for care, as many of us know..Zoas are quite hardy and don't require that much light. I have this colony under 4 bulbs of 54W T-5 Ho (Tek Light). They are placed on the lower part of my tank.. not on the sand bed though.

*Edit.. Forgot to attach the pic. Woops. haha

343hk7p.jpg

As for the rules, it'll be simple.

1) If I lose the mother colony, the first frag will go to me.
2) You must pick up the frag, I can't deliver it. Sorry :(
3) You must offer the first 3 frags as a MR DBTC and require all recipients to do the same. After that, what you do with the frags is completely up to you
4)Reply here, don't PM me. I will pm you.

Frag # 1 : ______
Frag # 2: ______
Frag # 3: Found the 3rd one!

Last edited:

KathyC

If you're available around noon on Thursday, I'd like to be considered for one of your frags. Otherwise I'd have to wait until next week to pick up. Thxs.

gimincorp

Advanced Reefer
When I first saw the the Don't Break the Chain tab in the drop down menu I quickly dismissed it not knowing what it was. Now that I finally took the time to discover what DBTC is I'm really interested in being apart of it. What I have here is a colony of Whiteish Zoas that I do not know the name of. I have 3 Frags I would like to give away. The first frag has about 6 Polyps, the 2nd only has about 4 Polyps (went a little crazy on the glue..lost a few polyps because of that), and the third frag has about 10+ Polyps..however that frag went MIA this morning. I'm about to redo my rock work so I'll let you guys know if it shows up.

As for care, as many of us know..Zoas are quite hardy and don't require that much light. I have this colony under 4 bulbs of 54W T-5 Ho (Tek Light). They are placed on the lower part of my tank.. not on the sand bed though.

*Edit.. Forgot to attach the pic. Woops. haha

343hk7p.jpg

As for the rules, it'll be simple.

1) If I lose the mother colony, the first frag will go to me.
2) You must pick up the frag, I can't deliver it. Sorry :(
3) You must offer the first 3 frags as a MR DBTC and require all recipients to do the same. After that, what you do with the frags is completely up to you
4)Reply here, don't PM me. I will pm you.

Frag # 1 : ______
Frag # 2: ______
Frag # 3: Found the 3rd one!
On your pic they rather look blueish than whiteish. If they are blueish I'd like to get a frag. I have 36 Wt 50/50 lighting at day and Actinic at dask and dawn for a 10 Gallon tank. Please let me know when can we meet.
G.I.M.

KathyC

It was very nice to meet you today Richard, looking forward to seeing the frag tomorrow when my lights are on. Thanks for the snails too!!

I'll keep the progress of the frag listed on this thread too :)

jejton

Thanks for the frag. Rtam is a great guy - whenever I happened to be in Brooklyn he wasnt around so he shipped the frag to me in Brooklyn. Its now sitting in my tank, opened up and looking nice.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: