adamizy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Thanks for all the info guys. I think I'm going with the AI's. I keep reading that I would most likely need 2 units and I have money but not that kind of money lol I'm 17.

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

Last edited:

howze01

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
My roommate just picked up a Radion. It's an amazing light, no doubt. But I still like the AIs better. Maybe I'm just too used to the blue and white combos but his tank always looks green to me. I will say that his fish look nicer under the Radions though. For the $$ I don't think you can beat AI. Really if you have the money neither is the wrong choice they're both great lights.

strgazr27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
123   0   0
Jeremy is gonna KILL me :fishhit::smash::grumpy:for asking but could I get away with 1 unit over a rimless 57? I have the height to hang it up a bit for better coverage. I know T5's rock but the geek in me LOVES the programming, features and electronics of the AI's. I doubt I will ever attempt SPS so I am seriously considering the AI's....

dacaptain78

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
That's my only concern Mike. I can swing 2 units but would rather not if I don't have to...

If you want coverage from end to end of the tank then you need two units. I had two over my 50 gallon breeder, same footprint as the 57 gallon I believe, and it was perfect. I now use 4 units over my 180 gallon and think I could have gotten away with using only 3. From what I
have read, and from personal experience, one unit will light up a 24"x24" square nicely with proper placement of corals. Anything beyond that is pushing the limits of par/light coverage.

You can use one, but all corals will have to be placed toward the center of the tank. The ends of the tank will be noticeably dim.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: