Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
Vertex were great, I bought them with a Vertex reactor so it was convenient. Getting refills; not so much. So I bought what was readily available; NPX. Didn't do well... switched to EcoBak because when I called for support on my Warner Marine K2 skimmer, Jon Warner answered the phone. Since I was buying a part for the K2 and paying shipping, I asked him to sell me 1L of Ecobak. So far so good... If you can get Vertex, go for it. There's so many brands now...

Oh, I may give NPX another try with their new XL pellets that doesn't need to be tumbled. Will throw some into an Aquaclear and see how well it works...

Last edited:

Paolissimo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
My mistake I should of ran GFO with it. Are you running GFO with pellets. They say you should run both together in they own reactor.
Well this issue has been debated. Some people say..gfo and biopellets is a no go..because biopellets will take care of both. Some other people are saying..that some phospate should be present so that bacteria don't starve to death...and some other people say to add a tiny amount of gfo to the carbon and run it together with biopellets...so obviously many opinions out there...I am just curious who makes the best biopellets...

Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Well this issue has been debated. Some people say..gfo and biopellets is a no go..because biopellets will take care of both. Some other people are saying..that some phospate should be present so that bacteria don't starve to death...and some other people say to add a tiny amount of gfo to the carbon and run it together with biopellets...so obviously many opinions out there...I am just curious who makes the best biopellets...

I would use only one, either GFO or Biopellets. You need the foam for GFO since it's very fine and a plastic screen for Biopellets. I'd say in my experience that NPX Biopellets and Vertex are pretty good. NPX has the XL pellets now. That's what I'm using.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: