• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

M

Moneymaks24

So i know apex is the best controller and all but correct me if im wrong, Apex is made in 2009! Seems like 4 year old technology is outdated by now.

I know they have new updates for software but the Hardware itself is 4 years old.

Is it worth buying an Apex or Wait for new controllers that are supposed to be coming out Nov or December. Some feature touch screens and a bunch on "newer" technology.

Just curious

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
An xbox 360 also does everything a gamer would want. But would u buy one now when u know a new xbox 1 is coming out?

Me neither

xclusive252

55 gal salt water
Rating - 97.6%
124   3   0
With touch screen comes many of problems in my opinion. If it falls and the screen breaks then you need to replace it or water damage can be a problem. I love my apex and if they made something better and newer I would stay with my apex. Took me forever to try and learn how to use it and I am ok with the product and love the new items they are making plus the camera was a nice add on they had. I would wait if I was you since you dont have one and whats 1-2 more months.

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I guess ill wait to see the prices on the new competition to Apex. Just seems crazy to spend $500 for old school hardware.

Also new controllers promise to be easier to use, im not a tech guy and i have no patience lol

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 100%
55   0   0
It is a computer im sure some tech guy can make it work. With connect would be sick lol

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 100%
229   0   0
I did RA is not for me. Too many complaints and too much " programming " to do.

pbjelly

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Are any of those 'new' controllers actually coming out soon? I seem to remember new controllers coming out in 2011(not) and then in 2012(not)... I know the cloud update is coming for Neptune Apex, but which controllers are people expecting to see soon?

mtk

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like you made up your mind before anyone answered. Every controller promises to be better then the last but once its tested you find out about all the issues that were not advertised. I for one run a apex. I am far from a tech guy but there are a ton of tech guys that have the apex that will help me out if I need it. Just my 00.02.

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vertex's Carebra
Puratek
Smart reef smart Touch

All 3 supposed to be out by December.

NYCEnglish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Just what is this newer technology and how is Apex outdated? Because it doesn't have a touchscreen and you can control it via an iPad or smartphone? Oh wait...aren't those touch screens?

C

Cu455

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I will wait for the new controllers to come out. Once they come out you will be able to get a apex for a better price from people selling them to upgrade.

FlyPenFly

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
With life support control systems, newer usually means more deaths no matter how well tested.

You should see how old the control systems on NASA are. If you plan to play gtA on your aquarium computer, you want the latest and greatest. If you plan to use your aquarium controller to keep your aquarium safe and control critical life sustaining equipment, use widely deployed highly field tested gear.

This stuff ain't for kids.

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 100%
39   0   0
This is not meant to offend apex users who invested in GREAT technology, however for someone who does not own a controller, it seems logical to wait and see what else is out there. We all know technology evolves very fast and who doesn't like new gadgets! I know i do.

Maybe xbox and controllers is not the best comparison, or maybe i have been spoiled by the Iphones coming out every year and I am expecting other great companies to do the same.

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 100%
106   0   0
I havnt discounted any company, my only knowledge of controllers is reading reviews and forums, and although price is great, the current model is not for me. (The probes issues i keep hearing about is a big problem for me).

I want piece of mind when i buy a controller, not more work. But i will definitely check out the new model when it comes out.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: