Pelfiredc

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Looking For a little assistance in choosing a pump that would be able to handle 12 feet of head and 10 feet lateral in order to pump water from a 40 gallon sump refugium in the basement to display tank above. The display tank is a 120, not sure about how much flow I need or can handle but I'm assuming the bigger the better. Any assistance and models makes brands etc. would be greatly appreciated or opinions .

pecan2phat

Professional Commuter
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
I have almost the same specs in regards to head & lateral movement but a 75g sump going to a 180g display.
I originally used a Blue Line HD-40 then over the years went to a Water Blaster HY-10000. The WB's impeller was a 1st gen and rusted out after 3.5 years so I swapped out to a Jebao DC-12000. The Jebao was weak (flow) compared to the previous 2 pumps and lasted 6 months. I don't think the Jebao which is the predecessor to the Jecod can handle the head pressure hence the pump dying. I am back to the WB which I also use to tee off to a frag tank that is located in the same area as the sump.

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
I have almost the same specs in regards to head & lateral movement but a 75g sump going to a 180g display.
I originally used a Blue Line HD-40 then over the years went to a Water Blaster HY-10000. The WB's impeller was a 1st gen and rusted out after 3.5 years so I swapped out to a Jebao DC-12000. The Jebao was weak (flow) compared to the previous 2 pumps and lasted 6 months. I don't think the Jebao which is the predecessor to the Jecod can handle the head pressure hence the pump dying. I am back to the WB which I also use to tee off to a frag tank that is located in the same area as the sump.

The WB are nice as are the Sicce HP models. As for the Jebao they have actually come out with two models since the DC which is why I mentioned it the DCT and now the DCS. DCS handles more head pressure then the DCT with a new impeller and some other changes. I was actually pleasantly suprised when I switched one out.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: