Killarsox

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 88.9%
16   2   0
I have 2 34G Solana's and they're awesome. Starphire glass is nice, but it scratches really easy. However I'd look into the Marineland 45G. 24x24x18 awesome dimensions and has a slim overflow to a sump down below. The only downfall is the tank is drilled on the backside not the bottom so you'd have to have a little clearance between the tank and the wall.

Rating - 100%
99   0   0
The look of the solana is by far the cleanest looking AIO tank on th market. I looked at other members - SeaMax, Finnex, Biocube etc. and the Solana has one of the nicest looks, if you like rimless.

I also have 14 Bio cube which I think is nice, but not as nice as the Solana.

JMO

seldin

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
94   0   0
...I have 2 34G Solana's and they're awesome. Starphire glass is nice, but it scratches really easy. However I'd look into the Marineland 45G..,..

I have the Solana and a fellow reefer had the Marineland 45g. I love the Solana and in pictures, I would go with the Solana. However, when I saw the MarineLand in person it looks great !!! Either one is really nice.

The Solana has the rimless look. I enjoy that.

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Solana all the way. I saw cadlights and finnex setups in person before I decided to get a Solana and Current's tank is just so much better. Clean look, nice dimensions and everything actually work great in this tank. It's the easiest to mod too.

Lenny718

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
I have 2 34G Solana's and they're awesome. Starphire glass is nice, but it scratches really easy. However I'd look into the Marineland 45G. 24x24x18 awesome dimensions and has a slim overflow to a sump down below. The only downfall is the tank is drilled on the backside not the bottom so you'd have to have a little clearance between the tank and the wall.
I think he is looking for an all in one tank and the Marineland 45g is not an all in one ;). I own the marineland 45g cube and I have to say its a great tank, plenty of room and also shallow. If your not set on an all in one system I would give the Marineland 45g cube a look and if you do want an all in one system the the Solona is definitely your tank.

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
I'd go with the Elos System 70. It's 55 gallons. Its not an all in one per se, but it comes with everything you need right out of the box, including skimmer and sump. If everything must be contained within; go with either the Cadlights that you mentioned or the Solana.

Fantom555

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I think I would rather go with everything within...I have only owned 12 and now a 24 NC, I just do not have the will to learn about skimmers/sumps and risk the rare flooding of the sump etc...I will probably end up going with the solana 34 within the next few months...any lighting ideas, other than the disco ball? I would like to be able to all LPS, SPS would be great but unnecessary. Thanks

seldin

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
94   0   0
On a nano tank, a lot of people like the Sunpod fixtures for strong lighting. However, there are many, choices ( MH, T5, etc.).

I went with a Viper 150mh on my Solana. The reason, I love it, is that has such a sleek appearance on my rimless tank. Looks great. However, lighting is not as wide a spread as the Sunpod. So you will find many opinions on lighting.

In this tank, I keep scolys, fungia, sps, etc.

CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Cadlight is a great company. But I am not clear that the 39 is an AIO. I believe it is a sump model.
The best AIO is the solana..... Hands Down. Easy to mod. Easy to upgrade. And I think there is one for sale on MR right now for 350,,,, Including eveything but the light.
So my answer after owning 2 of them is. SOLANA SOLANA SOLANA!!!!!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: