kimoyo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
So I got in touch with Brent from Barr Aquatics. Looks like I'm looking at a skimmer sometime during the summer. That's cool but man I hope it will be sooner. He says the specs for the smallest Tunze pump should work ok on his big dual beckett skimmers.

BTW it turns out that Tunze overrated the draw on the pumps. The largest one is rate for 230W but actually pulls 203W. So the small one should hopefully be closer to 100W.

The other cool thing is he'll do the recirculating mod for me, he's done one for another customer already. I know it might not help with performance but it will help me plumb easier and off the overflow. I wasn't planning on running 1600 gph thru my sump anyway so it would have been recirculating somewhat.

Eventhough its a long way off I'll post pics, lol.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Paul I notice the Tunze pumps use a 1.5" inlet + outlet. Do you think reducing it to 1" to fit the skimmer is going to effect the performance?

I think I'm going to try the smallest pump to run my skimmer as well.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
kimoyo said:
Yeah its going to add head pressure to it, but how much flow do you need and at what pressure?

hard to say what i need. I am going to use it to run my skimmer. Right now I am using a panworld 200ps....something close to that performance would be good. A little less is ok

elosusa

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the welcome. Man, I thought this was an Apple friendly forum:scratchch All this trouble for a couple of quicktime movies? I actually talked to Chris over at IceCap today and I'm gonna try to get there for your Frag Swap. I'll have to ship my frags over, any way you can store them if I decide to come? I know that corner tank would work perfectly:tongue1: If I do show up, An Elos guy from Italy would likely come and he could bring all the 220v stuff you needed:lol: Alright back on topic.

kimoyo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
jackson6745 said:
hard to say what i need. I am going to use it to run my skimmer. Right now I am using a panworld 200ps....something close to that performance would be good. A little less is ok
It might be close. The largest one that runs on 203W should be better though. Assuming you plumb 1.5 until very close to the injector, mostly all the head pressure should come from that. So if you look at the beckett injectors on barr's site, assuming the incoming pipe size doesn't affect the amount of head it adds, they add about 12ft of head. The small tunze does around 1450gph at 12ft and your 200ps does 1500 at 12ft. The large tunze does 2500gph at 12ft for 200W. But the only way to really know is to try one unfortunately.

elosusa

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ECFENCING said:
RIch: You're not the only one who couldn't see that video from Elousa.

Damn video takes forever to load on a cable connection.
That doesn't sound right at all.On a cable line it should be very fast. On a DSL line it takes me less than 10 seconds to download completely. More like 5 seconds and my DSL is just average. Did it play after the long load time? If not I may have to go to the still photos:irked:

KuyaMark

Pinoy Reef Addict!
Rating - 99.4%
173   1   0
Here's my Skimmers

Hey Guys here's some pics of my Kent Nautilus TE Kicking serious butt!

Attachments

• 2-19-06 008.jpg
    2-19-06 008.jpg
    291.1 KB · Views: 955
  • 2-19-06 006.jpg
    2-19-06 006.jpg
    340.3 KB · Views: 887

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: