elosusa

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NS 1000 pictures

Here are some pictures from this morning.The last picture has the german needlewheel in it for a reference point. The skimmer in the old picture used the same 1260 eheim and was much larger. I was surprised when I got the NS1000 and compared the size. This tank get's fed very lightly and it has a light bioload for a 187 gal tank. Both are great skimmers. Jackson6745- I am waiting to see the new NS2000 and NS4000. Judging from your signature you will like these a bit more. You need to change that signature and add H&S to that list. I was talking to the rep. yesterday and he has a very good product and is a good guy. Anyways, here are some pictures.

Attachments

• ns1.jpg
    ns1.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 830
  • ns2.jpg
    ns2.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 841
  • ns4.jpg
    ns4.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 840
  • ns3.jpg
    ns3.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 833
  • undertank.jpg
    undertank.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 840
Last edited:

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Jesse, based on the 2 H+S A150's that I have seen running, I am not impressed.
I just don't understand why the bubbles are only in the upper half of the skimmer body??? What is the purpose of a 26" high skimmer when on 12" is filled with bubbles?

I am hoping to add Elos skimmer to my sig ;)

elosusa

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jackson,
No experience with the 150. You can barely see it, but the previous was an H&S with an eheim. In Italy they tested all of these skimmers next to ours, but I only have first hand experience with some. I know we use only eheim and I have not had much experience with the aquabee, so maybe that has something to do with it. In the elos skimmer there is an internal chamber that holds all the bubbles and the water comes under the lip of the internal chamber to the outer chamber. The bubbles in our skimmer should be from 1-5cm from the bottom of the internal chamber and it is very easy to adjust this without restricting any outflow, only the air intake. On my H&S the bubbles would pretty much go down to the water lever, whatever that was. If I make it to the frag swap I will bring a skimmer along to check out. Jesse

Savager

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I got my Remora yesterday and I installed it on 12G tank. It works ok and I kind of controlled microbubble issue. However, it's freaking loud. My wife hates it. I am planning to just run during night time when there's no one in the living room. This is my first skimmer and is all skimmer make this kind of noise? I think I will definately sell my remora when I upgrade my tank, something quieter one.

herman

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Savager said:
I got my Remora yesterday and I installed it on 12G tank. It works ok and I kind of controlled microbubble issue. However, it's freaking loud. My wife hates it. I am planning to just run during night time when there's no one in the living room. This is my first skimmer and is all skimmer make this kind of noise? I think I will definately sell my remora when I upgrade my tank, something quieter one.
The remoras are not the most quiet skimmers around, but if you house them inside a sump within a cabinet, you cant really hear much. If you do you can always insulate the cabinet. For a 12 g tank you will be hard pressed to find a better skimmer in the same price range.

Savager

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
hermangareis said:
The remoras are not the most quiet skimmers around, but if you house them inside a sump within a cabinet, you cant really hear much. If you do you can always insulate the cabinet. For a 12 g tank you will be hard pressed to find a better skimmer in the same price range.

I don't have a sump, it's hang in the back so I just don't have alot of option. I will upgrade it when I get a real tank in the future. I was planning to get 30G tank on my birthday but as always my wife came up with good reason why I should wait. Well, it wasn't even a good reason but I sensed I had to obey her order so I have to wait. I figured if I wait little longer, I might even get a bigger tank later, just cross my finger here.

herman

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Savager said:
I don't have a sump, it's hang in the back so I just don't have alot of option. I will upgrade it when I get a real tank in the future. I was planning to get 30G tank on my birthday but as always my wife came up with good reason why I should wait. Well, it wasn't even a good reason but I sensed I had to obey her order so I have to wait. I figured if I wait little longer, I might even get a bigger tank later, just cross my finger here.

HA HA HA! The only way you are going to get a bigger tank is if you just go out, buy it, bring it home and take the heat for a couple of days. Wives generally dont agree to getting larger tanks!!

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Here is my new skimmer :) Thanks to Hermans advice!
I've decided to give the beckett a rest for a while and try to save a little $$$ on electricity.
I'll post some pics in a few weeks when I get it up and running.

Here's a stock image of the DAS ex-3
EX-3_Large.jpg

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
:happysad: Yep I'm going to try it out. I think it can actually be considered an upgrade since the DAS is a larger skimmer with 3 pumps :spin: Well, by eliminating my beckett and chiller feed pump, I am saving 300w and also less heat so the chiller wont come on as much.

Rborgia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
cali_reef said:
Air driven skimmer can be pretty loud too, ever heard of a "quiet" air pump??

The red dragon pumps on the BK is almost silent, not sure if the price tag is worth it:scratchch

Yes in fact I have had many quiet air pumps. I am using one of the new whisper air pumps on my sea clone (QT tank) and it is virtually silent. They are now advertising "quieter" pumps.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
pecan2phat said:
Rich,
What Deltec model is that equivalent to and how much that does that puppy retail for?

Warren, it's hard to say what Deltec it is equal to. Its 8" acrylic, 28" high, with 3 aquabees. Even the Deltec 702 only has 2 aquabees. This skimmer retails for $767.
I am actually going to go with the smaller model of this skimmer after measuring.The 3 pump aquabee Das has a 17 1/2" footprint!!!! The smaller 2 pump version of this skimmer is $500 and is 6" acrylic.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: