jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
yes but they are plumbed at the bottom, the air is injected six inchs off the bottom of the tube. the H&S is injected at the middle it looks like.

Last edited:

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
DAS = Crappy Quality

Got the DAS EX-3 today:
DASEX-3a.jpg

The construction on this is worst than MRC, I am not sure how I will get this replaced since they never answer their phone or call back after you leave a message:(.

I might of jinxed my self post in the other's DAS skimmer thread:headache: :smash:

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
damn what's with the crooked necks?

I like your shot cali, you can really see the lines well from the extruded acrylic they used for the tube.

also one of my impellers broke today, my DAS is out of commission, we'll see how long it takes to get a new one.

fortunately Herman has an extra :)

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
Its not the neck, the body to the top taper neck is not square. Why would anyone glue a tube that was not cut square??:headache: :banghead:

Glue joins are crappy and full of bubbles. Damm POS and I waited three weeks for this??

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
hahaha, sorry to laugh, but the only thing worse than making it like that is selling it. that should be in the reject pile, how the heck did they send that too you?

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Cali, did you pay by CC? I'd cancel the charge if I were you. If that POS is indicative of their QC, I'd want nothing to do with them. Bummer about having to wait for that.

Keep us posted on how they handle issues like this.

swimmer

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
jackson6745 said:
5 Days of skimmate :tired: It still doesn't look like Hermans BX-3 Running but it is skimming a little junk out.
Picture146.jpg

I get that much every day to day and half ,,,on my DAS,Seems to be doing fine for me ,for now
also i think MichaelP got his skimmer the same way

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
spykes said:
where does it start to become unsquared? from the funnel up? or from the twist off from the abs flange?

From the top of the main skimmer tube to the taper flange\funnel.

The other thing that irks me is the way the ABS is cut and machined, such poor quality. Why would they use the unfinished side up on the skimmer cup lid and bottom, they did use the right side on the body. My Chinese BK looks much better.:wink1:

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
masterswimmer said:
Cali, did you pay by CC? I'd cancel the charge if I were you. If that POS is indicative of their QC, I'd want nothing to do with them. Bummer about having to wait for that.

Keep us posted on how they handle issues like this.

swimmer

I am sure AMEX will be on my side, I just have to start documenting\saving all my emails to them. Hope they get back to me by Saturday, I will be out of the country next week:(.

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
I like to think it is a cheaper version of the Deltec, it is "cheap" in quality control department for sure. Depending how they address this problem, I might have to drop more $$ and get an AP902 for my FOWLR system.

The pump's needle wheels were all wet when I got it today, this tells me it was water leak tested. That dude must be high or drunk out of his mind for not noticing how crocked this was sitting.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
cali_reef said:
I am sure AMEX will be on my side, I just have to start documenting\saving all my emails to them. Hope they get back to me by Saturday, I will be out of the country next week:(.

With you being out of the country in mind, I'd draft a quick letter to AMEX. Let them know you are presently disputing the charge based on how DAS handles the complaint. This way you don't have to worry about missing the dispute deadline. If DAS handles it properly, you can then authorize and pay the charge. Forewarned is forearmed (for AMEX).

Have a good trip.
swimmer

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Cali your welcome to use one of my pics of the ex-2 to show amex what the skimmer is supposed to look like. I'd love to hear the excuse they give for shipping that out. also mention you are the second person here who got a tilted cup DAS.

herman

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
That just really blows man!!! DAS seems to be using different plastics, have crappy seams, use different valves and a slightly different design than in the past. Thats really too bad!!!! Maybe I just got lucky........

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: