lazyreefer

Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Here is my skimmer bermuda BPS-8C.

took about a week to break in (did not know how to adjust the skimmer so I flooded the floor :irked:)

So far its been doing ok. the air in take is bit loud but when I called bermuda about it they told me they will be shipping me a tee with another silencer. Jim was great help also.

So far
Pros:
Good customer service
Built like a tank
Seems to be working great (will go over again in about weeks time)

Cons:
Bit loud (air sucking noise) - will update after the new tee silencser comes in.
Need a pretty good size pump - using a mag 18

Here are the pics.

Attachments

• IMGP3073.JPG
    IMGP3073.JPG
    461.1 KB · Views: 775

fritz

OG of this here reef game
Rating - 95.9%
47   2   0
Yeah I know, I should have known that would arrive broken. My Deltec arrived on Saturday and I must say Doug @ Deltec was really helpfull and from what I've read their service is up there with Icecaps.

The Deltec was shipped wrapped (three times) in bubble wrap, packed in a box with every open space filled with those air bags, placed inside another box also stuffed full of airbags. Further, Deltec places labels on the outer box that read "FRAGILE! CONTENTS ARE GLASS" The DAS was shipped in one box with only one pass of the bubble wrap. The DAS packaging wouldn't survive a two foot drop.

No pics right now but the Deltec AP600 gravity fed off of my 58 has pulled in 8 hours what my ASM took 3 days to pull! That is including breakin time. I took it out of the box, plummed it in and turned it on today at 3pm. I have been converted. I must say I was very sceptical that it would produce like this. My ASM G2 had the gate valve mode, was gravity fed, recirced and still it didn't pull like this. The deltec has a smaller reaction chamber and what appears to be a much better pump/needlewheel. The entire chamber is white, stark white, whereas my ASM was opaque at best.

Pics tomorrow.

pecan2phat

Professional Commuter
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
No pics right now but the Deltec AP600 gravity fed off of my 58 has pulled in 8 hours what my ASM took 3 days to pull! That is including breakin time. I took it out of the box, plummed it in and turned it on today at 3pm. I have been converted. I must say I was very sceptical that it would produce like this. My ASM G2 had the gate valve mode, was gravity fed, recirced and still it didn't pull like this. The deltec has a smaller reaction chamber and what appears to be a much better pump/needlewheel. The entire chamber is white, stark white, whereas my ASM was opaque at best.

Pics tomorrow.

Spend the dinero and cry once, that's all I've been trying to say since I replaced an 8" diameter ER CS8-2 recirculating ext with a puny 5" diameter AP600 that puts the ER to shame :D

MO~IDOL

I Work Hard For Color!
Vendor
Rating - 100%
643   0   0
Yeah I know, I should have known that would arrive broken. My Deltec arrived on Saturday and I must say Doug @ Deltec was really helpfull and from what I've read their service is up there with Icecaps.

The Deltec was shipped wrapped (three times) in bubble wrap, packed in a box with every open space filled with those air bags, placed inside another box also stuffed full of airbags. Further, Deltec places labels on the outer box that read "FRAGILE! CONTENTS ARE GLASS" The DAS was shipped in one box with only one pass of the bubble wrap. The DAS packaging wouldn't survive a two foot drop.

Pics tomorrow.

Congrats Fred...I got the same skimmer it works great.
just curious what size pump you got with the skimmer?

alrha

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
gotta get some up, i'm still toying around with it (and my new MacBook Pro) so i never got around to it, but i think you're right, it's time...

gnatp2

Greek god
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Das Ex-2

Well, my DAS EX-2 is starting to leak outta somewhere. I haven't quite figured it out yet but I'm guessing either the base or 1 of the 2 places for the pump inlets. You get what you pay for.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
I used the 3M paint stripper mesh to mod my DAS pumps and I am seeing a great improvement. The pumps are pulling between 6-8lmp each which is a big improvement from the 3-5lpm I was getting (performance declined) Most importantly I see a difference in the amount of air in the skimmer body and I am getting more skimmate. This was a needlewheel impellar. I cut off the prongs wiith a scissor, cut the mesh to size, and glued in place. Running a week so far with no problems.

Attachments

• Picture 080.jpg
    Picture 080.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 412

tngo2299

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi every all,

I have question on protien skimmer? I bought a Coralife Super Skimmer Needle Wheel Protein Skimmer. Is it suppose to make tiny bubble every day or it stop for some period?

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
hi every all,

I have question on protien skimmer? I bought a Coralife Super Skimmer Needle Wheel Protein Skimmer. Is it suppose to make tiny bubble every day or it stop for some period?

Where are the tiny bubbles? In the skimmer? In the tank? You mentioned in the Reef Graffiti that it was overflowing if it's filling up the collection cup too quickly you need to set it at the lowest skimming rate and then slowly tune it so it fills the collection cup approx every 1-2 days or so.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: