alrha

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
Deltec Turbo 1060S

Ok, this has been long overdue, but here are the pics finally.
This is the Deltec Turbo 1060S sitting in the sump of my 200gal system. I currently have 2 tangs, 2 clowns, a trigger, a anthias, a mandarin, a blenny, and a goby. The pictures reflect one week of production, with two feedings (i was away last week).

Attachments

• cup1.jpg
    cup1.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 449
  • cup2.jpg
    cup2.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 444
  • cupzoom.jpg
    cupzoom.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 441
  • skimcloseup.jpg
    skimcloseup.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 455

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
that last shot is more detail than needed
sick0022.gif

I wonder how many people will be doing the skimmate on the finger
shot after shaun and christine finish their study? :dead1:

Last edited:

MightyMike

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks awesome Albert! I'm thinking about putting one of those deltec turbos on my 120, may we see some pros and cons? Do you (and everyone else) think the deltec gal ratings are accurate? thinking about going with the 1060 but the comparison chart says that it eats more wattage, 90 as opposed to the 1060s which is rated at 63. Now that I notice this post number, I'm considering another deltec turbo ...

Last edited:

alrha

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
Looks awesome Albert! I'm thinking about putting one of those deltec turbos on my 120, may we see some pros and cons? Do you (and everyone else) think the deltec gal ratings are accurate?
Well i can say that i think the 1060S is powerful enough for my system. the gal rating of any skimmer is really subjective, it depends how aggresively you want to skim your tank. if in doubt, and the funds are there, it may be safer to just get the next level up - better to have some extra capacity than not enough. That said, the 1060 would probably be fine for your tank (Doug from Deltec suggested i get a 1060 for my tank, but i decided to up it to the 1060S to be safe). It also depends on what kind of bio-load you plan to stock and what level of nutrients you will tolerate in your tank.

overall, i like that the skimmer is simple to install - just drop it in the sump and turn it on, no plumbing required. and easy to adjust - via the air valves, and a plate to adjust the water level. Being that the pumps are UNDER the skimmer body, the footprint is smaller than a similar sized skimmer, but many say that this also requires the pumps to do 2 jobs, to bring the water in the skimmer and to move the water that is in the skimmer making it less efficient - personally, i dont see that as a problem being that the footprint was a higher priority for me to get the biggest skimmer i could fit into my sump space. The other 'con' is that to clean the skimmer and pumps, you really need to take it out and take everything apart (not many parts, but you will need to remove the skimmer from your sump). I also dont see that as a big deal as that is only going to be something you do 2-4 times a year and it doesnt take me more that 15 minutes for the whole 'ordeal'

Bottom line, even though this was a VERY expensive skimmer, i am super-satisfied with it and do not regret this purchase in any way. If i were to do it again, i would still chose this skimmer
thinking about going with the 1060 but the comparison chart says that it eats more wattage, 90 as opposed to the 1060s which is rated at 63.
i dont know where you found the wattages, but the 1060S is exactly the same as the 1060 only the 1060 has 2 pumps and the 1060S has 3 pumps (and is bigger in size), otherwise i think they are identical.
Now that I notice this post number, I'm considering another deltec turbo ...
cool, you should have made a post 190 posts ago :D

Last edited:

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Nice to be back to a beckett. I look forward to my higher electricity bills. Here is the MR-2 that I got from Eric running "as is" with a mag 24 and old style injector. When I'm done upgrading stuff to it, it will perform much better.

Attachments

• Picture 381.jpg
    Picture 381.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 414

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Thanks Russ but I'm not home for good yet :D I still have to try out the ATI bubble master. One day it will be delivered:irked: I heard it could take up to 8 weeks before that may happen!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: