jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
yeah, how can you NOT guarantee ALL the parts on a skimmer.

"yes we will give you a warranty on all the parts except for that one, it's too fragile you might break it" :lol2: Dorks! :irked:

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 95.9%
47   2   0

"yes we will give you a warranty on all the parts except for that one, it's too fragile you might break it" :lol2: Dorks! :irked:

tell me about it .One thing ppl need to remember is that the valve is backwards ,,,right to open the valve and left to close ,that is one of the reason i believe they get Fed up so quick

herman

Rating - 100%
10   0   0

In order for a skimmer of that (good) design to come with a full guarantee it would have to be better built (stronger) That would make it more expensive and not as many people would buy it. The whole point of ATI bringing out this skimmer is to provide an affordable skimmer with a design of a much more expensive one. The company also states that by not making it super beautiful they can release it at the price that they did. Besides, even a Bubble King, as nice as it looks, will be covered in ****. So just treat it like you would your own nuts. If you break it still, well......thats just tough luck isnt it.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
they do come with a sticker to warn you of the backwards gate valve.
of course the stickers are on back order, so in the meantime I might have to mod one :biglaugh:

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Guys Remember this thread is for skimmers we own, use, have pics of, and can review!!

don't post crap you don't have you will weaken the thread.

I thought it would be cool to post pics of your skimmer in action so all our members can see it's performance to help make a decision on what skimmer is right for their needs. Please list a brief description of the skimmer and the pros and cons of its use.

DO NOT POST UNLESS YOU HAVE PICS OF YOUR SKIMMER IN ACTION

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
After Jhales speach :lol2: :hug: i went a took pics of the skimmer skimming ,

Note ,this ahs been running since sat morning .I got this on thrusday ,gave it a 3 gal fresh water with vinegar 16oz for 24hr then fresh water for 5hrs and then let it dry over night .

here are the results .

Pedro ,,here are the pics dude

Attachments

• sMIKKER ACTION 003.jpg
    sMIKKER ACTION 003.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 421
  • sMIKKER ACTION 002.jpg
    sMIKKER ACTION 002.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 416
  • sMIKKER ACTION 001.jpg
    sMIKKER ACTION 001.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 420

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Ronen, that's about the color I was getting at first. Let it skim like this for a while until you start filling that cup in 3 days or less. Then restrict the air flow a bit with an airvalve and you will get finer bubbles and a darker skimmate.

reefer-nyc

One Evil Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
BK 180 MINI after One Week

I have very low nutrients in my tank due to polyplab.com. Check out how dark the skimmate is- stinks really badly. I have it set for dry now. I will keep you all posted. Thanks, Phil

Attachments

• php7tPaGCAM.jpg
    php7tPaGCAM.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 401
P

Pedro

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I got to meet Mavgi from reefcentral today and i also got to check out his famous BM250 from all the threads. All i have to say is that for the price and performance of this thing, i am sold. Those small pumps are all that and then some. I can easily see that skimmer being the best outthere. Man was his skimmer nuts!

P

Pedro

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
J, now you know you need to do the classic no cup on shot! Let it overflow into the bucket! You are going to love it!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: