jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
I got to meet Mavgi from reefcentral today and i also got to check out his famous BM250 from all the threads. All i have to say is that for the price and performance of this thing, i am sold. Those small pumps are all that and then some. I can easily see that skimmer being the best outthere. Man was his skimmer nuts!

Pedro, Mavgi is the man with these skimmers. I would love to see how he has his tuned. LMK if you go there again.

fritz

OG of this here reef game
Rating - 95.9%
47   2   0
Really!? I find my BM200 to be a little loudest thing under my tank. The Sicce pump produces a very audible hummmmmmmmm.

I wouldn't necessarily call it loud but silent it sure is not. It's louder than my eheim 1262 if that's any gauge of noise output.

I've been running mine for 6 hours now and I've got some tea in the cup.

(I"ll edit this post later and add a pic)

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Heres a pic of my puny remora.... i plan to upgrade soon...

PC200029.jpg

P4080281.jpg

Thats after about 2 days skimming. Had it in the sump but its been on the tank for the most part.

spykes

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Really!? I find my BM200 to be a little loudest thing under my tank. The Sicce pump produces a very audible hummmmmmmmm.

I wouldn't necessarily call it loud but silent it sure is not. It's louder than my eheim 1262 if that's any gauge of noise output.

I've been running mine for 6 hours now and I've got some tea in the cup.

(I"ll edit this post later and add a pic)

my neighbor's is very quiet, but mine are very loud. I have no idea why are they making this hmm noise, but im waiting to see if it's just the brake in period. one of the pump is constantly cavatating.

mavgi

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hi All

Here is my BM250 hope you like it :biggrin: this skimmer it's a beast and pedro saw it already in action , here some picture enjoy .

spykes : happy to read you bought it congratulation , check the mesh on that pump maybe you need to trim it little from the diameter .

IMGP2137.jpg

IMGP2151.jpg

mavgi

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
mavgi yo i think one of my impeller is broken. There are little chips and dings on the bottom of the magnet. The mesh looks like my sister's hair on a bad day.

this is the reason for the noise and the cavatating of the pump . since it's new and if the impeller is not good change it . but you can fix the mesh top and diameter the dings will disappear.

mavgi

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
it is about 3 day of skimming.
the skimmer skim 18 hour every day because of break in time , i feed 2 time a day and very heavy each time take 3 hour to strat skim again but when it's work it's skim great .

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
it is about 3 day of skimming.
the skimmer skim 18 hour every day because of break in time , i feed 2 time a day and very heavy each time take 3 hour to strat skim again but when it's work it's skim great .

Is there anything that you did to the skimmer to make it skim that way ,or is that the way the skimmer skims ...what do you think about the bm200

mavgi

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Is there anything that you did to the skimmer to make it skim that way ,or is that the way the skimmer skims ...what do you think about the bm200

I change on my skimmer the mesh type and i put 3 layer on each pump the skimmer pull now 35LPM = 2150 LPH (normal 1800 LPH) .
this skimmer perform very well without any mod .

IMGP1793.jpg

about the BM200 3-gen , the foam level very low and by add to it gate valve + 3 layer of mesh the skimmer will rock .

here it's a picture for BM200 3 - gen and it's belong to ED from Kmaintl (i think you know him he his a dealer of the ATI skimmer to and have a lot experience with skimmer i can said that he is professional ) :

This is what he get every 4-5 days on his Bm200 on his 100 gallon tank .

9841920_1024_ts1176398322054.jpg

mavgi

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
i change the mesh and put 3 layer on each pump .

my skimnmer pull now 35LPM = 2150LPH (normal 1800LPH)

this skimmer can perform very well with out any mod and after a month of working the result will be realy nice and good.

the new gen-3 of the BM200 have a low foam level but if you mod it with a gate valve and put 3 layer the skimmer work well .

here it's picture of BM200 that belong to ED from Kaimintl (he is ATI dealer , professional and have a lot experience with skimmers ) this is what he got every 4 -5 days :

Attachments

• 9841920_1024_ts1176398322054.jpg
    9841920_1024_ts1176398322054.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 410

heuerfan

Rating - 100%
172   0   0
I just picked up my BM200 (generation3), thanks Ronen :) I gave it a warm bath overnight with a little vinegar, not very much. I couldn't wait to put it in my sump. When i first placed it in, i could not get the water level in the collection cup to go lower. My sump level is 10". I decided to give the skimmer a lift and added a 4" acrylic napkin holder, that did the trick. I can adjust the water level high or low now with the gate valve. I'm assuming i'm going to have a long break in period because i didn't give it a good bath but i couldn't wait :)

Thanks,
Steven

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Mavgi has a LE BM250. Ronen, is you'rs foaming yet?

Its foaming ,I get some nice skimmate (only have it for a week)

So there is a better way to mod the mesh that on there now :)

Maybe you can show how to mod the one i have :) .I notice a valve on the air intake of the pump ,where can i get that ? will it do anyhting for the BM200 that i have ? thanks for your help in advice :)

Ronen

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: