ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
I'm sorry to hear about all the problems with the DAS skimmers. Mine works really well and I am very happy with it, but maybe it is unique in that it was the pick of the litter.

I am shocked cali that they would send out that skimmer to you, if it wasn't May I would have thought it was an April Fool's Joke.

loismustdie

chicks dig beckett men
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Honestly, John's looks crooked too by the pic. You can see how off level it is. Is this because it isn't sitting level in your sump? Trick of the camera angle? I really wanted to get one of these, but it's not looking too promising.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
no, that's just the pic. mine is perfectly level.
check out the pics I posted before it went in the sump.
a few pages back.

it's also not quite level in the sump.

Last edited:

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
jhale said:
more pics? what if you just send it back to them? that's what's going to happen anyway.

The guy I spoke with was nice about it, he also sent me an email stating the bad part will be replaced. They just want to be sure the body is the offending part.

I sent these to him
DSCN1956.JPG

DSCN1958.JPG

The cover for the collection cup also don't seat properly, the groove diameter is smaller than the cup:duh:

P

Pedro

Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
I can't believe that they are asking you for all this information. I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to figure it out. It's as simple as sending out a replacement and once you receive it use the same box to send the crooked one back. Looks to me like customer service is very lacking. Good luck hope you get it resolved quickly.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
cali, well you did get the nicer valves for the air line :P

I just got the crappy black ones.

I still would like to hear how that skimmer passed inspection.
they should be overnighting you a brand new perfect skimmer.
of if your lucky will get a perfect older one, they seem to be the ones
to get.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
My DAS is actually performing better. I have a nice concentration of small bubbles in the neck and I'm getting about 20oz of skimmate every 2 days. Still not what I was expecting after seeing Hermans but it is keeping my tank clean with 25 fish. No doubt the construction is very $hitty. I still have the 2 pump external DAS that I may repair and use, out of curiosity ;)

Astoria

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Deanos how are you?
Happy Mothers Day.
The one which came with the skimmer.
Deanos, the pump is the same pump as the Ocean Runner pumps.
Both are made at the same factory. When they come to the states they sale them as Ocean Runner.
wp-am70001.jpg

Last edited:
P

Pedro

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Here is my latest skimmer. It's a nice upgrade. I just got it so i still have to dial it in. The best part about it is that it was free. I installed it on Sat evening, and somewhat dialed it in on Sunday. So this is about two days worth. I skim very wet. The bubble column almost reaches the top of the collection cup. Eventually i'll play around a bit more, but for now it's staying at this setting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: