alrha

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
for $20 i might as well just get one to tinker as much as i want.
MMA-24 for the Deltec Turbo 1060S, right?
according to their site, i should get 1500 L/H
that should convert to 25 LPM , divided by 3 pumps about 8 LPM each. right?

i take it they are simple to use? (just plug the air tube right into the meter?)

Last edited:

meschaefer

One to Ignore
Rating - 100%
30   0   0

i take it they are simple to use? (just plug the air tube right into the meter?)

Very simple to use, you just plug the air tube into the meter and you get a reading. On each of my DAS pumps I am pulling about 7 LPM.

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0

Something like that, your math is better than mine.. You are a very lucky man if you can measure 8 LPM of air intake from a Deltec Aquabee 2000;). Remember to measure the air intake while the pump is in a normal running position, not out of the water or some weird position, the numbers obtain that way are useless (<-- for Spykes)..

alrha

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
Something like that, your math is better than mine.. You are a very lucky man if you can measure 8 LPM of air intake from a Deltec Aquabee 2000;). Remember to measure the air intake while the pump is in a normal running position, not out of the water or some weird position, the numbers obtain that way are useless (<-- for Spykes)..
i dont see why i would turn my skimmer upside down to measure the air, i'm just gonna pull off the air valve and plug in the meter. oh wait, actually, i should measure it with the valve on considering that the valve restricts the air. but only one side of the valve is barbed to fit into an airline.

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
i dont see why i would turn my skimmer upside down to measure the air, i'm just gonna pull off the air valve and plug in the meter. oh wait, actually, i should measure it with the valve on considering that the valve restricts the air. but only one side of the valve is barbed to fit into an airline.

You can "screw" in a 1/4 nylon line on the other end, you may have some left over from your RO/DI unit. You also need to buy a 1/4" JG fitting for the air gage to connect this hose.

alrha

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
so i need RO tubing (i have) to connect the airvalve to the JG, and then an airtube to connect the fitting to the meter?
will all this not restrict airflow to get an accurate reading?

this is what i need? a 1/4" JG union?
RO5151.jpg

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
LOL HERMAN...

Red Sea Berlin TURBO SKIMMER hangon. check it out guys.

IMG_0254.JPG

IMG_0253.JPG

IMG_0258_1.JPG

IMG_0256_1.JPG

Yeaaaaaaa... i think i need to clean it soon this is 5 days for not cleaning it NASTY sludey stuff stinks like turd.

Aaron.

Is this the same skimmer? I ask because this is the skimmer that I have, and everyone says I should get a bigger one. 155 bow front mix lps,leathers,polys,shrooms, fish. And mine also pulls that same thick skimmate.
turbohot.gif
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]

[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1] [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]The Turboflotor Multi SL is our most versatile protein skimmer. It can be mounted on the side of the aquarium (?hang-on? mode), or placed inside or outside the sump of the filter. Its compact size makes it small enough to be positioned under the cabinet. In ?hang-on? mode, the pump is placed inside the aquarium. This pump (Ocean Runner PH 2500, 38 W) features a venturi with the patented ab Aqua Medic needle wheel. The skimmer itself has our patented conical collection cup and two outflow boxes for directing the water back into the aquarium.

As an option, a large 0.3 gallon Filter Box can be placed on the outlets for use as a first stage biological filter.

Height: 22"
Total width: 7" x 7"
[/SIZE][/FONT]
Customer ReviewsAdd Your Review5 works great 05/08/2005 - by Mike from Pittsburgh, PA US I use it on a 75 gallon with 30 gal refugium. I run it hang on style on the refugium. It does a wonderful job. 5 AWESOME SKIMMER!!!! 04/26/2005 - by Joseph Nanartowicz from NJ, US This is the best skimmer I have come accross yet, The garbage it takes out of the water will amaze you. Also Premium Aquatics is a great company!!!! 5 GREAT! 12/17/2004 - by Brian Pope from South Plainfield, NJ US I have one of these in my sump on a 120 gallon reef. What a difference from the skimmer I had. It pulls out nasty smelling skimmate! and you can pretty much adjust it to what kind of skimmate you would like to pull out. (watery or thick)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: