gnatp2

Greek god
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Trying to pick a skimmer for my new 30g setup. This tank will basically be a frag grow tank. I may put a fish or two in it, but maybe not. Tank will also have a 30g sump.

The remora's have had a fairly good track record, so I'm thinking of going with that for a hang on skimmer, but I'm also looking at the octopus skimmers as they have had good reviews recently. Noise is an issue as well so I want one as quiet as possible.

Any comments on these or other recommendations?
Nate

emmanuel

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
ecvernon thats what I'm thinking of doing but from an ev120 that I know is too small for my 125 loaded with sps and lps . Everything does great in my tank but I know I should upgrade either bubble king or deltec ap600 I tried reading all the posts on this thread got to page 50 and gave up I'm gonna pass out

alrha

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
I have a Deltec Turbo 1060S in sump skimmer. I now have a different sump and a room for an external skimmer so i am considering getting something else and selling the one i have.

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
euroreef 135

Project32.png

my euroreef 135 in action.best 40 bucks ive ever spent.thanks craigslist.bought this off some rich guy who set his tank up for 2 months and bailed. :lol2: this is after 12 hours of skimming

jarofsardines

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
isak im sure www.photobucket.com would work here.

this is such a great thread, however the only downfall is for most of these skimmers you dont know how big the persons tank is, how heavy stocked it is and/or how much/often/what they feed as all this will impact how a skimmer performs.

Davidl919

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
My Asm needs a new seal and I was going to buy a BM200 but Before I took the dive, I researched as much as possible and a few posts in this site and others pointed out how expensive they are in comparison to others and the work they do. Now I am not saying that is or was my experience, that is simply the info I gathered so all roads led to Reef Octopus Extreme 200 .... but I can't buy it because while I researched it, I found a new one so now I have to wait a month for everyone else to get one and either complain Or Love their first cone skimmer the XP-2000. I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope my Asm holds on and that it is worth the wait...
Btw The Xp-2000 has been reworked since it's first intro. Here

This is how it looks now Click on the Pic. Here

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: