spykes

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
DSC04458.JPG

1 cup that color every day morning

gforce6

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Here is my skimmer. According to the guy who sold this skimmer, it is replica of Deltec. Running with Sedra 5000, future plan of direct feeding from overflow. So far not bed.

Pros : very cheap, efficient, nice skimmate
Cons : in sump, difficult to dial in at first, need some plumbing to make direct feeding, not well constructed.

IMG_18101.jpg

one day skimming
IMG_17991.jpg

gforce6

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
And my next skimmer, Aqua-C EV240 powered by Pan World 100PX. I don't know what to say to this skimmer. It gave me so much pain and almost year slave to this skimmer. I got this skimmer running well finally.

Pros : not powerfull as beckett, but strong skimming, well constructed, insump or external

Cons : noisy, uses a lot of electricity, really difficult to dial in at first, not easy to cleaning.

IMG_18361.jpg

One day skimming
IMG_18301.jpg

gforce6

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Hi, Pierce

I have some picture of skimmer, this is the guy send me from China
I guess this is the first one he made, it is exact same one as mine.
skimmer1.jpg

skimmer2.jpg

Something in your mind? Hope this picture helps.

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
nyfireman3097 said:
the look isnt the thing its the needlewheel

So if I stick a $500 Deltec "modified" Eheim pump on a 5 gallon bucket it will skim like a $1500 deltec?:D The body design is just as important as the pump\impeller.

gforce6, how does the collection cup come off? can you get a picture of the pump impeller\needle wheel?

gforce6

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
The collection cup just come off from the body, there is no union. Just like one smaller and one bigger tube fits in. The pump showing on the picture is just regular pump. I am running with Sedra 5000 which I bought it from CTXmonitor.

Here is some bonus, the guy is almost made Bubble King like skimmer. Check it out

6.jpg

2.jpg

We might can do group buy on this? I really want to see how it works, but I can not guarantee the performance though....

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
gforce6 said:
We might can do group buy on this? I really want to see how it works, but I can not guarantee the performance though....

I might get one, if it is cheap enough to experiment with. And according to nyfireman's post the body dosen't matter, it is all about the pump:banghead:. I wonder if he would give guaranties on the pump he sell will make any skimmer perform as an original BK :)

gforce6

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
This is the pump that he suggest, it is German made.
spec :
Suction/Input: 32mm
Pressure/Outlet: 25mm
Power Consumption: 36-60 Watts
Ltrs/(Galls) per hr: Max: 4500 (1000)* Min: 3500 (778)*
Head (in meters): Max: 3.50 Min: 2.80

pemp1.jpg

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Skim Me Baby!

Ok Rich - here ya go

Lifereef VS3-24 with flange and running in sump with a mag12

Pros - I think it's a great skimmer and easy to work with - recirculates air from collection cup so no smell.

Cons - can throw microbubbles into tank if cup fills.

I am skimming a little wetter than usual, not sure why, could be because I had an avalance in my tank and had to do a ton of rearranging, but all is good now.

Last edited:

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Jim that Lifereef skimmer kicks ass!!!! I'm impressed. What type of skimmer is that? i.e beckett, needle etc...

Jung what is the price on that San't skimmer?

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Spykes,

Takes about 2-3 days - I have been pulling muk after muk out the past few days.

Rich, its an venturi skimmer, believe it or not. The venturi is just to the right of that elbow and is connected to the collection cup so that it uses the smelly air from the cup and keeps the smell out of the room.

:)

My guess is i's wet from the death of the 2 fish, but is starting to dry up - it will be dark green in thge next few days.

House

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: