Eshopps

Reefer
Vendor
Eshopps Channel Design (ECD, Patent Pending)

ECD is a new innovative multiple water channel design created by Eshopps. It is the NEW trend of Filtration System.
Learn more at http://eshopps.com/ecd

a29fds.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_LJGnqlC1w

BioMan

Advanced Reefer
That video did absolutely nothing for me, the kid basically pointed at the outline of a blue football shape against a sign and told me their system is more efficient... ESHOPPS basically just convinced me that advertisers EARN their money lol

ssdawood

Advanced Reefer
It was really dissapointing. I clicked on the link thinking I will learn something new. Instead I got a kid showing me a blue football ring.

You guys can do better than that.

Or just like any other aquaroum product we buy Even this will be rushed to the market.

Maybe you guys have only thought about this and already introducing it.

tunicata

Tunicate Tamer
Hmmm, if I am getting this right, a certain percentage of the water from the overflow is diverted to ONE of two places. The goal is to rely more...equally on passive nutrient consumption within the fuge, which would potentially result in an increase in macroalgae growth and continue that nutrient cycle.

Channel Schematics gathered from video:

1. From overflow to fuge (you do not explicitly state where it goes from there but I assume it is back to the DT)

2. From overflow to protein skimmer and back to DT

I guess I am wondering if the potential increase in efficiency is significant and otherwise worthwhile.

I know that there are some sump designs where a percentage of water goes from Overflow to Fuge and then back into the DT and another percentage goes to skimmer then DT. Those designs usually require an atypical manifold set up and pump placement.

Also, Some people have simply changed the typical set up based on need. For example the aqueon proflex model. Most people I see using this put the skimmer in the last compartment and attempt to keep water level steady with an ATO. This way it does allow for biological filtration first.

Although, I cannot imagine the need for an entire sump that is potentially more effective at growing macroalgae. Most people I know have relatively small sumps, and those that have HUGE tanks have macro for looks not actual nutrient export.

Either way, I am interested to see what your sump design looks like and how it really functions!

I have a new R-100 and so far, so good, but sometimes the water level in the skimmer compartment seems to fall below where it normally overflows into the return compartment--even if the return compartment is well above the low-water mark. Any thoughts? What am I doing wrong?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: